The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Miller and Boeser out...

HKSR

2 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying but for the Bruins to trade for Miller, that would be a win now move.

Them trading away Carlo defeats the purpose, now they're weaker defensively which isn't something conducive to "win now". It's not like they have an impressive D group to begin with.

Teams like NYR, COL, etc. (assuming the cap can work out) are better fits as they can add Miller while only giving away futures instead of someone important off their roster.

That said Miller is a titanic rental plus right now.   Needs to be used as such or just keep him.   COL and Boston are in win now modes - figure they'd rather have Schenn them Poolman ... I would if i was in Boston.   That helps with the Carlo trade. 

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

Carlo and Lysell as a return does fit some needs tho. At the end of the day I think I could be happy with that if Lysell could crack the top 6 within two years. 

What happens to Carlo if his skating doesn't improve?  I'd rather have Poolman for the far less cap hit.  Lysell, is a top six guy or a bustaroo.  So he's a risk.  Debrusk is a cap dump.  So pretty much we are giving away Miller.  No thanks.  We do need to trade Miller, but we should  at least come out with cap room.  Go for picks prospectds, and and guy's on ELC's.

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What happens to Carlo if his skating doesn't improve?  I'd rather have Poolman for the far less cap hit.  Lysell, is a top six guy or a bustaroo.  So he's a risk.  Debrusk is a cap dump.  So pretty much we are giving away Miller.  No thanks.  We do need to trade Miller, but we should  at least come out with cap room.  Go for picks prospectds, and and guy's on ELC's.

yeah not big on the DeBrusk part. 

I didn't realize Carlo had skating issues. 

@HKSR  you did some great work here.............and I know we are all searching for the right combination, but I am really stuck on the NYR and Colorado scenario's

Miller for:

#1. Schneider, Chytil and a 1st

or

#2. Baron, Jost and a 1st

As for Boeser, if we scored one of the above Miller trades, I would be less inclined to move Boeser, although, I would go for a hockey trade for Boeser

Something like a Boeser for Severson.......................

I am not sure how that all plays out on your spread sheet, but I think there is room to add a UFA, such as Max Domi, Bo Horvat's buddy, and who would cost less than Boeser, 

or Miller for that matter................Domi for 6.5 per X 7 years ?

Like I said before, you did a great job, and if we added Carlo, I would love it. I do wonder if he is a product of the system, where in Boston, they play such a disciplined game, that his underlaying numbers may be better because of the system? I have always wondered that.

A+++++ for effort!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, HKSR said:

As a few of you know, I'm not really ready to give up on our core, but what fun is it if I can't join in on playing armchair GM :P

To BOS:

Miller

Poolman

To VAN:

Carlo

Debrusk

Lysell

1st

Debrusk wants out anyways, so buy low here.  Boston gets Poolman to help fill the void by Carlo leaving.

Vancouver gets Carlo, the big 6'5" partner for Hughes.  He's also only 25 years old locked into a long term $4.1M AAV deal.  Lysell is a very good prospect, and we also get a late 1st rounder.

To NJD:

Boeser

Rathbone

To VAN:

Zacha

Smith

NJD were on the hunt for a winger in Garland,but Vancouver counters with Boeser.  Zacha brings size and a bit of a mean streak to his game with less offensive upside, whereas Boeser gives the Devils an offensive sniper to play with Hughes.  I'd say Boeser has a bit more value than Zacha, and at this moment, Smith has a bit more value than Rathbone.  So a good ol hockey trade here of similar value.

Next year's lines:

Zacha-Petey-Podkolzin

Debrusk-Bo-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Hoglander

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

Hughes-Carlo

OEL-Myers

Smith-Hamonic

Demko

Neither deal works for me.

Hard pass.