The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion- What would it take to get V. Nichushkin

JAVA-1

He has 25 points in 30 games on a $2.5m contract.  He’s also UFA after this season.  You’d be buying at an all time high for a guy that could walk in the offseason.   Also, I can’t see Colorado wanting to move him right now.  

He makes zero sense as a trade target.  Sit back and see what he wants in free agency 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He has 25 points in 35 games on a $2.5m contract.  He’s also UFA after this season.  You’d be buying at an all time high for a guy that could walk in the offseason.   Also, I can’t see Colorado wanting to move him right now.  

He makes zero sense as a trade target.  Sit back and see what he wants in free agency 

He's also far more useful to Colorado in the playoffs than most players that they might want to acquire.

Nichushkin would be an interesting FA target but as you said, his value is not only at an all time high as a trade target, he'll also likely have significant contract demands.  Outside of some major moves that clears cap space for the Canucks, I can't see there being a good fit.  Still interesting to consider though.

• 2 weeks later...