The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

If they both die in the ring

I would not be overly sad.

Why don't they just have a penis measuring contest.?

Immature morons, with all that wealth.

Its all for adoration.

They obviously feel inadequate about their personas. I think this because if they have beef or just wanted to test themselves they could do it in a private gym. 

It would make a lot of money but they don't need it. It would be awful to watch....two mma rookies, one that is 52 yrs old, ugh. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think Elon would quickly need to get in shape and get enough training to even have a chance. 

Zuck just has the age, fitness and training on his hand. BJJ already tip the scales heavily. 

It wouldn’t be very entertaining. Zuck would just tap him out in less than 30 seconds. 

It would be like that so-called "boxing match" Trudeau Junior had.  He actually took it serious & "trained" somewhat.  The other guy didn't.  The results were predictable (especially when you considered the age difference).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It would be like that so-called "boxing match" Trudeau Junior had.  He actually took it serious & "trained" somewhat.  The other guy didn't.  The results were predictable (especially when you considered the age difference).

Elon often has tricks up his sleeve, has a background in martial arts and is way bigger.

Not saying he would win but just cause Zuck has done some cuddle puddles doesn't mean too much. 

The age is a big issue though.

It's a tough one to call. 

I dont think it happens. 

I think they might just be throwing a bone to Dana White for some distranction. UFC biggest star looks like he might not compete again (CM) and is facing yet another sexual assault charge. Also Jon Jones is talking about retirement after waiting 3 years to get to heavy weight. 

• Cheers 1

What ever hapened to open weight catergories? 

Is it a sanctioning thing? There will be somewhere that it could be held.

Seems like some early excuses to me...

https://www.tmz.com/2023/06/23/weight-difference-size-elon-musk-mark-zuckerberg-mma-ufc-fight/

Our sources tell us the guys are still serious about fighting in an Octagon, and as the UFC president told us yesterday, he's absolutely down to put on the fight ... but, Zuckerberg's size disadvantage has become an issue.

In fighting, size matters, a lot. Elon is 6'1", and reportedly weighs between 185 and 200 lbs. As for the Facebook founder, he's just 5'7", and reportedly weighs around 155 lbs.

1) No way Elon is under 200lbs

2) I just linked TMZ. I will now see myself out and go get some sunshine.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Crowd, Head

For those unfamiliar with betting odds. If you wager $100 on Musk you'll will $300 (profit). If you bet on Zuck you'll need to wager $500 to win $100.

Those are changing pretty quick.

GSP stepping up to help Musk is an influence.

People are also starting to discover that Elon does in fact have some tricks up his sleeve. Pics (and praise) of him mma training, mention of him having some wrestling along with karate, TWD, and BJJ. 

I still don't believe it though. It's a stunt. Already excuses. Dana talking about it being a size mismatch and hard to sanction ( liar). Elons mom and dad saying it shouldn't/won't happen. Zuck disputing Sonnens claim that the fight will take place at UFC300.

Anyway, hope it doesn't happen. It will suck.

The best result if it does happen is a double DQ in the first minute and the both cry their way out of the cage. 

On 6/23/2023 at 12:23 PM, bishopshodan said:

What ever hapened to open weight catergories? 

Is it a sanctioning thing? There will be somewhere that it could be held.

Seems like some early excuses to me...

https://www.tmz.com/2023/06/23/weight-difference-size-elon-musk-mark-zuckerberg-mma-ufc-fight/

Our sources tell us the guys are still serious about fighting in an Octagon, and as the UFC president told us yesterday, he's absolutely down to put on the fight ... but, Zuckerberg's size disadvantage has become an issue.

In fighting, size matters, a lot. Elon is 6'1", and reportedly weighs between 185 and 200 lbs. As for the Facebook founder, he's just 5'7", and reportedly weighs around 155 lbs.

1) No way Elon is under 200lbs

2) I just linked TMZ. I will now see myself out and go get some sunshine.

Think age difference somewhat mitigates that.  And I'd guess a good amount of that weight is fat on Musk.  *IF* this happens, I still think it'll depend how seriously each person takes to training (eg., Musk can't get his butler/man servant to do his training for him)...I bring up the Trudeau boxing match example again.

Remember that Musk is a master promoter (on Orange man's level minus the debauchery :P) so who knows if this is all part of a something else.

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Think age difference somewhat mitigates that.  And I'd guess a good amount of that weight is fat on Musk.  *IF* this happens, I still think it'll depend how seriously each person takes to training (eg., Musk can't get his butler/man servant to do his training for him)...I bring up the Trudeau boxing match example again.

Remember that Musk is a master promoter (on Orange man's level minus the debauchery :P) so who knows if this is all part of a something else.

What I am getting at is that Musk has been doing a bit here and there.

There is even footage of him Sumo rasslin'.

Big size difference. Age does matter but can Zuck punch? can that skinny neck take a punch? He's gonna need more than BJJ.

Again though, the excuses are already starting to brew. 

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What I am getting at is that Musk has been doing a bit here and there.

There is even footage of him Sumo rasslin'.

Big size difference. Age does matter but can Zuck punch? can that skinny neck take a punch? He's gonna need more than BJJ.

Again though, the excuses are already starting to brew. 

Sure but it goes to training again.  Matters little if Elon has crap cardeo. Only exercise Musk likely got growing up was running to the washroom.:P  Perhaps Zuck can just run around in circles around him while Elon sucks in all the oxygen ala Mats Sundin as a Canuck after a 30 second shift on the ice.:ph34r:

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Those are changing pretty quick.

GSP stepping up to help Musk is an influence.

People are also starting to discover that Elon does in fact have some tricks up his sleeve. Pics (and praise) of him mma training, mention of him having some wrestling along with karate, TWD, and BJJ. 

I still don't believe it though. It's a stunt. Already excuses. Dana talking about it being a size mismatch and hard to sanction ( liar). Elons mom and dad saying it shouldn't/won't happen. Zuck disputing Sonnens claim that the fight will take place at UFC300.

Anyway, hope it doesn't happen. It will suck.

The best result if it does happen is a double DQ in the first minute and the both cry their way out of the cage. 

Remember Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000 (or 3000?  Lol I don’t remember)

The fight ended when Dada fell down after missing a punch and was too tired to get up.  Could this fight be worse?  I want to see it!

That whole card was hilarious.  Main event ended when Shamrock got kicked in the junk and the ref didn’t see it.  (1st round too lol)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sure but it goes to training.  Matters little if Elon has crap cardeo. Only exercise Musk likely got growing up was running to the washroom.:P  Perhaps Zuck can just run around in circles around him while Elon sucks in all the oxygen ala Mats Sundin as a Canuck after a 30 second shift on the ice.:ph34r:

Oh, its bound to be awful.

If I'm Musk I stand in the middle of the cage and let Zuck come to me. Being older and looking over weight he would have to conserve energy. Zuck will be forced to try to get the fight to the ground. If Musk has the wrestling, judo and bjj like he says he should be able to stuff any take down. His best bet would be to make it ugly and dirty box the much smaller Zucky. 

Zuck does have some fencing in his background though, this would help with footwork. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Remember Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000 (or 3000?  Lol I don’t remember)

The fight ended when Dada fell down after missing a punch and was too tired to get up.  Could this fight be worse?  I want to see it!

That whole card was hilarious.  Main event ended when Shamrock got kicked in the junk and the ref didn’t see it.  (1st round too lol)

Dada went into cadiac arrest after that fight.

No lie. 

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Dada went into cadiac arrest after that fight.

No lie. 

Yes I remember that.  The whole fight was comically bad even before the end.  At one point when they were clinched they both went down to the ground but it wasn't a take down.  They kinda just consensually agreed to kneel down together.  

My wife came out of another room and asked if I was ok that night.  She thought I might be losing it because she kept hearing me laugh super hard during the fights.

2 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Yes I remember that.  The whole fight was comically bad even before the end.  At one point when they were clinched they both went down to the ground but it wasn't a take down.  They kinda just consensually agreed to kneel down together.  

My wife came out of another room and asked if I was ok that night.  She thought I might be losing it because she kept hearing me laugh super hard during the fights.

It was terrible.

Dada and Kimbo had beef going back to street fight days. Should have been a bareknuckle fight, not an mma fight. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It was terrible.

Dada and Kimbo had beef going back to street fight days. Should have been a bareknuckle fight, not an mma fight. 

I have to believe that Musk and Zuck can top that masterpiece!  In an era of youtubers and gimmick fights, this has the potential to be the worst of them all!  I'm here for it all day.  Wish the promoters would really lean in to it.  Have their entrance songs played by a live kazoo player.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I have to believe that Musk and Zuck can top that masterpiece!  In an era of youtubers and gimmick fights, this has the potential to be the worst of them all!  I'm here for it all day.  Wish the promoters would really lean in to it.  Have their entrance songs played by a live kazoo player.

Any actual real match between Steven Seagal vs *anybody* would give them a run for the money as 'the worst of them all'.:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

Oh, but it's not a gimmick fight. Dana White says so. :blink:

• Haha 2