The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

This is the weakest argument Ive seen yet against someone criticizing musk. That's like saying since aqualini owns the Canucks "If you dont like something about the team then either buy it from him or shut up."

Hows that complaining about Aquilini working for us? You think he is going to sell the team anytime soon or not get his grubby mitts involved in decisions?

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I am Swedish. I care and am interested about everything. What about you?  Are you a fake impersonating Swedish person or are you really from Timrå?  <_<

Asså, de trot ja int.

varst ä du fra då? 

De bruk va görbra mä dialektala spörsmål ::D

39 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

A lot of people complaining about Elon Musk and his use of Twitter, but its a privately owned company he paid 45 billion dollars for. I would do what ever I wanted on there too for that price tag.  If people dont like it, make 45 billion dollars and buy it back.  

Agree,is the same situation as before he bought it. 
Both him and the ones who owned it before can do almost what they want.

28 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I'm sure he is really supportive of terrorism. The guy has an estimated IQ of 155 (Einstein was estimated to be around 160), specializes in rocket science, and mainstreamed the electric car. Yet everyone with a computer thinks they know more than him, he definitely has a lack of social skills and probably limited in the way of a filter but he is not a global terrorist and hate monger. 

You mean he specializes in hiring real rocket scientists with government funding. He's only a genius in marketing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Good luck getting Musk to sell at 10-15B?

He's not selling it but if he wants to pledge it for margin loans firms will mark it at $10-15 Billion tops.

He's pledged his Tesla stock for margin loans and it's at a new 2 year low. He's repeatedly being forced to liquidate his Tesla stock to satisfy margin requirements. In other words "he done f***ed up".

• Upvote 1

I hope Musk goes broke and as quickly as possible.  I used to actually like the guy but somewhere along the line he lost the plot.  Just because he's a workaholic doesn't mean that he has the right to insist that his employees are too.  Not everybody puts money ahead of absolutely everything else.  As it turns out he's just another evil billionaire.  Is it even possible to become a billionaire without questionable ethics?  I used to think that Musk was an exception but no longer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Hows that complaining about Aquilini working for us? You think he is going to sell the team anytime soon or not get his grubby mitts involved in decisions?

The point I was making was that we can criticize anything we want, without having to buy the thing were criticizing but I'm sure you knew that.

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

You mean he specializes in hiring real rocket scientists with government funding. He's only a genius in marketing.

Twitter is essentially just one big marketing platform, so could make sense why he bought it, on top of his probable need for social gratification due to some personal issues growing up different would be my best guess. 

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Twitter is essentially just one big marketing platform, so could make sense why he bought it, on top of his probable need for social gratification due to some personal issues growing up different would be my best guess. 

I figure going back on his meds and not driving away advertising revenue would be a better solution, but what do I know?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

The point I was making was that we can criticize anything we want, without having to buy the thing were criticizing but I'm sure you knew that.

Yeah Ive been saying that a lot about the Canucks but they keep dragging me back in with glimmers of hope, plus whats the alternatives? No hockey, cheering for Seattle, both seem pretty terrible. 

43 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I'm sure he is really supportive of terrorism. The guy has an estimated IQ of 155 (Einstein was estimated to be around 160), specializes in rocket science, and mainstreamed the electric car. Yet everyone with a computer thinks they know more than him, he definitely has a lack of social skills and probably limited in the way of a filter but he is not a global terrorist and hate monger. 

You misspelled "carefully curated persona". The guy apparently only has a bachelor of arts degree and even that is in question. 

• Vintage 1

What's really kind of sad is that yesterday the biggest news effecting mankind and our future survival on this planet came out. For the first time scientists have created a net gain in energy from nuclear fusion. There's practically no one discussing it in the science thread.

Yet here we all are (myself included) bloviating about the actions of an attention whore who clearly seems to be a couple sandwiches shy of a picnic.

:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2