The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Lightning win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2022 at 11:30 PM

On 5/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, EP Phone Home said:

There will be some EMOTIONAL DAMAGE if Leafs choke again tomorrow. Dubas will get canned as the first head to roll. 

833C03A9-85FF-4F0B-8B1B-53766372BD1B.gif

I really hope Dubas doesn't get fired; the last thing we want is for Toronto to have a GM who is actually qualified for a hockey related position.  The longer they have that incompetent dweeb sabotaging the franchise, the better.

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I really hope Dubas doesn't get fired; the last thing we want is for Toronto to have a GM who is actually qualified for a hockey related position.  The longer they have that incompetent dweeb sabotaging the franchise, the better.

Not sure if you are serious or not but a simple Google search will let you see plenty of sports articles and magazines featuring Dubas as a "boy genius" and a man who only in his 30s actually became a GM of a pro sports franchise.

What he did and continous to do is remarkable and incredible, the man singlehandedly basically shined light on how important analytics is to the sport of hockey and has made a variety of moves over the years that improve the roaster.

Even this year the Leafs put together amazing support players that really mended well together.

As a fan I go to games for entertainment, I don't care if they lose 5 to 4 as long as I see goals, fights, action etc. It is like boxing, you don't care who wins or loses as long as its a great match. The only people who truly care about winning and winning only are the athletes them selves not the audience.

Dubas has done a great job, so what if Leafs don't make the playoffs or don't get past round 1 again that isn't the goal for everyone, this is about entertaining us the fans and the Leafs have a high Octane team which is fun to watch for that alone be shouldn't be fired.