The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal… Canucks-Islanders

I doubt the islanders would move 2 out of 3 of their top players for 1 year of Miller and middle  6 winger.  

dobson is already a top pairing guy at the age of 22.  Add the fact that he’s a right shot and you may as well be asking for a unicorn. 

• Thanks 1

Some must think Miller is God's gift or something.  He's a good veteran player, but that's it. Dobson and Barzal are young stars with a lot of NHL future ahead of them. Why would the Islanders do this?  I could possibly see a trade with Miller and Barzal, but no way NYI trade Dobson.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Some must think Miller is God's gift or something.  He's a good veteran player, but that's it. Dobson and Barzal are young stars with a lot of NHL future ahead of them. Why would the Islanders do this?  I could possibly see a trade with Miller and Barzal, but no way NYI trade Dobson.

Lou Lam loves his old guys.  :frantic:

10 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Give us your young, elite stars, and take back our average forward and a rental - sounds about right for CDC.  

Barzal and Dobson are elite stars?  :lol:

Sure, the trade isn’t fair, but Barzal is far from elite.  He’s average.  Dobson is very good, but he’s not elite.  

On our team Barzal would slot in nicely behind Petey and Bo.  But he’s way overpaid for a 3C.

Dobson would be excellent to have anchor our 1b pairing.

Hughes 1a and Dobson 1b.

But it’s not worth taking Barzal to get Dobson. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Barzal and Dobson are elite stars?  :lol:

If Barzal is average then sorry to say, so is Petey.  They both produce at somewhat similar rates overall in their careers so far, and yes, I'd say for Dobson, what he's done so far in his short career, he's elite for a 22yo defenceman.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

A guy that just put up 99 points and can play all situations @ all 3 forward positions for just over 5M cap ought to have incredible value.

But this does not work for the Islanders, for sure.

Edited by kanucks25

18 hours ago, South Cariboo Canuck said:

Dobson, Barzal

For

Miller, Garland

?? yes/no??

Never happens except ....Not a good deal for NYI???  Dobson 22, 40 points RD, 6'3 --(( Barzal 25 -- GP 80 -G 22 -PTS 80 - Barzal should put up 80 points every year... Islander would never trade either player, cornerstones...

Would we trade Hughes and Petterssen ? NO

...Islanders would only do this?

Hughes - Pettersson 

Dobson -- Barzal