The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Mikko Koskinen signs with HC Lugano (Switzerland)

15 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Signing Nurse, to a 9.5 million per year contract (same as Hedman) doesn't help there cap when filling the goalie position.  Spoliers are top heavy with questionable d and no goalie.  Atleast, JB with Clarkes' insistence & tutelage the Canucks are doing well, in the goalie department.

Hedman has 3 years left at nearly 2 million less than that, $7,875,000.

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, iinatcc said:

If he was going to be a backup you would think he was probably only going to get around 1 Million per season. 

Switzerland is a pretty sweet deal since he will most likely be a starter plus you can basically from one side of Switzerland to another in a span of 2 to 3 hours (I took a train from the Northern to Southern part of Switzerland and took around 3 hours I think). So this basically means road games is just a comfy bus ride (with some nice scenery of the Alps).

Also quality of life is quite good there plus living in Switzerland I am sure the pay is very good. 

So less travel + good nature (and Skiing) + quality of life + very good pay. Seems like a good deal to me.

Verbier, one of the best mountains in the world, and some of the lightest driest snow when it's on. 

There and La Grave are the 2 best mountains in the European Alps IMO.

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sadly this is good news for the Oilers. With the talk of Smith retiring, they may well be a decent team soon enough. If they somehow get Gibson out of Anaheim then watch out...

Poor Oilers running around trying to get the best goalie they can for Puljujarvi and a cap dump.  They are backed into a worse cap corner than Toronto. 
just to be clear, I don’t feel sorry for them. 

25 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

You're right after rechecking.  Anyways my point: is that he is overpaid - imo but Holland is a veteran GM, so I am quite baffled with the amount 

Way overpaid.

And when you put it into context with McDavid's and Draisailt's contracts that too much money tied up in 3 players under the current cap.

17 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Way overpaid.

And when you put it into context with McDavid's and Draisailt's contracts that too much money tied up in 3 players under the current cap.

There roster is built very similarly to the Laffs: top heavy, with suspect D and no goalie.  Poorly constructed rosters but they both had enough firepower this year to still get in and eventually became playoff fodder against the deeper teams.  Same can be said, for the Canucks and atleast with the Laffs and Spoilers most of the $, is going to the playmakers.

Edited by ShawnAntoski