The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

TeamNews_ArticleImage-copy-cd1326b550.jpg

The P-Bruins picked a great pic of Vinnie to announce the trade.  Makes me miss him even more!  Notice the strking resemblance between him and Johnny Canuck?  He should have been a lifer here!:(

No opportunity here.

We’re too deep on left wing and Di Giuseppe is ahead of him.

My guess is out of respect to him they sent him somewhere he might get an NHL game or two and be closer to home.

• There it is 1

On 6/3/2023 at 2:54 PM, DeNiro said:

No opportunity here.

We’re too deep on left wing and Di Giuseppe is ahead of him.

My guess is out of respect to him they sent him somewhere he might get an NHL game or two and be closer to home.

Possibly making room for McDonaugh and Bloom?

Will be interesting to see how July unfolds for the Abbotsford Canucks, they will have a very young roster next season.

One player to keep an eye on is Tristan Nielsen. His 2 year AHL year has expired, and considering he has signed yet likely means he is hoping he will find an NHL deal come July. Would be tough to lose him as he was 4th in scoring for the Canucks last season.

• Vintage 1

On 6/12/2023 at 7:53 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Will be interesting to see how July unfolds for the Abbotsford Canucks, they will have a very young roster next season.

One player to keep an eye on is Tristan Nielsen. His 2 year AHL year has expired, and considering he has signed yet likely means he is hoping he will find an NHL deal come July. Would be tough to lose him as he was 4th in scoring for the Canucks last season.

If we let him walk I’ll be pissed. This kid played his heart out this season. He’s like Stetcher but a forward. Hustles and never gives up. I’m sure it’s poker at this point. He had a good season, his party is probably pushing for an NHL contract where Vancouver is probably pushing for another AHL deal…that’s a tough divide. I’m scared a team might scoop him on us. We don’t have any rights on him….different management but I still get sour thinking about how we lost Tofolli. 

On 6/2/2023 at 6:30 PM, Bounce000 said:

I remember when that guy hustled to help when the valley got flooded. 

Thanks for mentioning this Bounce. A lot of people don’t know that it was him that got all the players rounded up to start helping. Out of all the present and past farm team tough guys Vinny has been one of my favourites. Rypien is my all time favourite since I started watching AHL hockey back in early 2000… but Vinny and Archibald are #2 and #3 respectively.

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

John Stevens is a leader and a great guy to have around.  

Nielsen would be nice to have, he might be waiting to see if he can get a two-way deal somewhere else this summer. Don't blame him, and it won't be the end of the world if he leaves.  

https://abbotsford.canucks.com/news/canucks-sign-loewen-to-two-year-ahl-contract?fbclid=IwAR0qRn5FNIAJjuAyligAjROwqJDpdVzROnepWLrEwH4F6fjIEOGazA_CK5U_aem_AS-qIpMn2fJO6B6gWTGLMDS3gOFPNYmut4vfk4Qa6cDVoLf-HZjTNWH21NUNDbsu_vQ

I watched a lot of Jermaine when he was in Kamloops. He was literally feared by other teams. By the time they named him captain no one would fight him. Probably a career minor league player but happy to see him in Canuck colours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

https://abbotsford.canucks.com/news/canucks-sign-loewen-to-two-year-ahl-contract?fbclid=IwAR0qRn5FNIAJjuAyligAjROwqJDpdVzROnepWLrEwH4F6fjIEOGazA_CK5U_aem_AS-qIpMn2fJO6B6gWTGLMDS3gOFPNYmut4vfk4Qa6cDVoLf-HZjTNWH21NUNDbsu_vQ

I watched a lot of Jermaine when he was in Kamloops. He was literally feared by other teams. By the time they named him captain no one would fight him. Probably a career minor league player but happy to see him in Canuck colours. 

Since it’s an AHL deal, I’ve merged your thread with the Abbotsford Canucks thread. :) 

• Cheers 1