The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wow Kuz!

Rate this topic

iceman64

I did pass by Kuz the other night..

he is built like a Bull .

heavy wide shoulders.

He looks hard to knock over , even harder in videos of him controlling the puck and play behind the end zone of opponents.

He is shifty like garland..,

Definitely see lots of assists from this heads up player , and as his confidence rises in the NHL , so will his game.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:31 AM, CanuckRookieFan said:

It doesn't matter too much to Canucks if Kuz becomes a "super star" because realistically we get him for 1 year on the cheap and then he is off to the highest bidder if he blossoms.

He won't be affordable to keep long term so we just need him to do really well this year as a filler, the rest of his career good luck to him. Any smart fan and better knows he doesn't have a future as a Canuck long term.

In my dreams, Kuzmenko doesn't adjust quickly to the NHL so has a mediocre 2022-23 season resulting in him being affordable for the Canucks to extend, signs a Canuck extension for three years for something between cheap and reasonable, then blossoms starting his sophomore NHL season.

Edited by tyhee

On 8/22/2022 at 10:04 PM, Chris12345 said:

What? There's no dman there. Jr players can do that now.

Not against NHL goalies they can't...

In Jr yeah but not in the NHL or Europe, world's best goalies can stop shots like that pretty easily compared to Jr.. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tyhee said:

In my dreams, Kuzmenko doesn't adjust quickly to the NHL so has a mediocre 2022-23 season resulting in him being affordable for the Canucks to extend, signs a Canuck extension for three years for something between cheap and reasonable, then blossoms starting his sophomore NHL season.

That's not a bad scenario and after he signs for 3-4 he turns into JTM 2.0  :D

yes please! 

However being more realistic, he should come in and have a really good season but hopefully not so good it deems a massive raise but we could always trade him then I guess. 

I think anything shy of him coming in and sucking royally is a win for us...

1 minute ago, iceman64 said:

That's not a bad scenario and after he signs for 3-4 he turns into JTM 2.0  :D

yes please! 

However being more realistic, he should come in and have a really good season but hopefully not so good it deems a massive raise but we could always trade him then I guess. 

I think anything shy of him coming in and sucking royally is a win for us...

Coming in and putting up 30-40 points while adjusting to the NHL would be a good scenario.

Then sign him to a 3 year deal at around 3 mil while he’s still in his prime at 27. Could be a steal if he can adjust and add to those numbers the following season.

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Coming in and putting up 30-40 points while adjusting to the NHL would be a good scenario.

Then sign him to a 3 year deal at around 3 mil while he’s still in his prime at 27. Could be a steal if he can adjust and add to those numbers the following season.

Well yeah it's all to do with this year's numbers, if he hits 50-60 or over, I guess we'd be forced into a bridge deal so we could afford him. 

However that would work, a lot has to do with the cap and if it will rise to where they think it's going (or not) 

I don't think most people realize how important this is from a organizational stand point. 

Covid was by far the worst, a 5 mil projected cap increase every year to nothing was nothing shy of disasterous. 

If something goes sideways again before the cap goes up, you'll hear me blow a gasket from there... 

I guess realistically if he scores somewhere in the 30-40 point range then as long as he scores them in winning causes not scoring when we lose and it means nothing and we need everyone to be clutch. 

I also think that in Europe where they don't hit nearly as hard and often, just the way of the big rink but since he's spent time getting less banged up there than like here, we might end up getting more miles from a guy his age to start off with.. like a used car with low km's I guess. 

I still don't see him failing over here though, if he was just thrown into a NHL game straight from over there might be different but he'll have ice time and lots of coaching before the puck drop in the reg season so that's a help. Otherwise if he sucks here I'm sure that a short stint in Abby would be reasonable to tune him up to speed. Hard to say Mr D...