The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minor uniform change to stripes on pants

Rate this topic

BMorrison 7

2 minutes ago, thrago said:

An ugly red jersey followed by a really low resolution picture of another ugly jersey.

But in order for that gradient to work there needs to be orange in it. In the 2nd picture, if it was truly yellow, a low res shouldn't be changing it to orange, meaning the colour is actually more a combination of yellow and orange.

Also, interesting that you think it's ugly even though it has the colour scheme you seemingly prefer...

Edited by The Lock

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

But in order for that gradient to work there needs to be orange in it. In the 2nd picture, if it was truly yellow, a low res shouldn't be changing it to orange, meaning the colour is actually more a combination of yellow and orange.

Also, interesting that you think it's ugly even though it has the colour scheme you seemingly prefer...

Second picture isn't orange, it's yellow and also ugly, what is your point? That the Canucks have had lots of ugly jerseys?

Just now, thrago said:

Second picture isn't orange, it's yellow and also ugly, what is your point? That the Canucks have had lots of ugly jerseys?

Again, it's a combination of yellow and orange. There are such things as different shades of colours.

My point is there is orange in that colour scheme, which I've proven to you. If you don't want to think that, that's fine, but I'm satisfied with my argument. You're welcome to think I don't know my colours if it allows you sleep at night pretending there's no orange.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Again, it's a combination of yellow and orange. There are such things as different shades of colours.

My point is there is orange in that colour scheme, which I've proven to you. If you don't want to think that, that's fine, but I'm satisfied with my argument. You're welcome to think I don't know my colours if it allows you sleep at night pretending there's no orange.

RYGBIV--the Canuck rainbow.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Dude you've shown me 2 ugly jerseys that I'm not abdicating for and calling them orange to prove that your halloween comment makes sense and it just doesn't.

image.png.191b91343659c28739198cd95bc4f7f7.png

This is Halloween Orange.

5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

shades-orange-color-names.png

Still haven't seen the Canucks use those colors, but that is besides the point. I've never said I wanted the canucks to use these colors reguardless if you can dig up some jersey they wore at some point.  The Canucks have had lots of Ugly jerseys and IMO the Regular Skate jersey was the best by far especially the black one.

Just now, thrago said:

Still haven't seen the Canucks use those colors, but that is besides the point. I've never said I wanted the canucks to use these colors reguardless if you can dig up some jersey they wore at some point.  The Canucks have had lots of Ugly jerseys and IMO the Regular Skate jersey was the best by far especially the black one.

Marigold. Look at the marigold. That's the shade of "yellow" they used often. Sometimes it's referred to as a yellow colours. Sometimes it's referred to as an orange colours.... because it's a combination of both.

You're so fixated on "ugly jerseys" since it's the only thing you seem to be able to think of even though we're debating about whether or not they used orange, which clearly they did. They used a shade of orange.

As far as your "Halloween comment goes", I have 2 things to say about that:

1) You argued that Vancouver never used orange. I've proven otherwise.

2) People aren't going to associate a single shade of orange with Halloween. While there's likely an orange more associated with Halloween, that's not how people perceive it.

Do me a favour. Looking up "Vancouver Canucks Halloween colours" in google. Do it. What do you see in the image results? What's the most common jersey you see? Even if you don't think they're Halloween colours, it doesn't matter. This is how people perceive that colour scheme. You can think otherwise, but it's not going to change how it's perceived.

This is why this debate is silly, because it's not going to matter what you think. It doesn't even matter what I think. This is how that colour scheme is perceived and you very often hear that colour scheme associated with Halloween whether you want it to be or not.

So let's just agree to disagree. I get that you like the colour scheme. That's fine. That's great even, but know that yellow colour is marigold, which is not an exact yellow and does have orange in it.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Marigold. Look at the marigold. That's the shade of "yellow" they used often. Sometimes it's referred to as a yellow colours. Sometimes it's referred to as an orange colours.... because it's a combination of both.

You're so fixated on "ugly jerseys" since it's the only thing you seem to be able to think of even though we're debating about whether or not they used orange, which clearly they did. They used a shade of orange.

As far as your "Halloween comment goes", I have 2 things to say about that:

1) You argued that Vancouver never used orange. I've proven otherwise.

2) People aren't going to associate a single shade of orange with Halloween. While there's likely an orange more associated with Halloween, that's not how people perceive it.

Do me a favour. Looking up "Vancouver Canucks Halloween colours" in google. Do it. What do you see in the image results? What's the most common jersey you see? Even if you don't think they're Halloween colours, it doesn't matter. This is how people perceive that colour scheme. You can think otherwise, but it's not going to change how it's perceived.

This is why this debate is silly, because it's not going to matter what you think. It doesn't even matter what I think. This is how that colour scheme is perceived and you very often hear that colour scheme associated with Halloween whether you want it to be or not.

So let's just agree to disagree. I get that you like the colour scheme. That's fine. That's great even, but know that yellow colour is marigold, which is not an exact yellow and does have orange in it.

So I just googled Canucks halloween colours and it shows all sorts of there jerseys including there current blue ones. 

1 You haven't shown me an orange jersey the Canucks wore and it doesn't matter if you find one somewhere, because you know that that's not the jersey I'm talking about in the first place.

2 If people associate yellow with Haloween I guess that's there right to do so.

At any rate it's not me who isn't listening to what your saying, you've turned this into a color debate about jerseys I'm not even talking about in the first place and you know I'm not but your clearly to stubborn to admit it.

2 minutes ago, thrago said:

So I just googled Canucks halloween colours and it shows all sorts of there jerseys including there current blue ones. 

1 You haven't shown me an orange jersey the Canucks wore and it doesn't matter if you find one somewhere, because you know that that's not the jersey I'm talking about in the first place.

2 If people associate yellow with Haloween I guess that's there right to do so.

At any rate it's not me who isn't listening to what your saying, you've turned this into a color debate about jerseys I'm not even talking about in the first place and you know I'm not but your clearly to stubborn to admit it.

1 hour ago, thrago said:

Orange would be the halloween color I've never seen the canucks wear Orange.

So you're saying you're not even talking about it in the first place? I just quoted you talking about it in the 1st place. I showed you a couple of examples that showed orange, or at least a shade of orange.

You're the one who brought it up dude. lol

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

@thrago Anyway, let's agree to disagree on this and stop derailing this thread. We're both going to be stubborn fools on this and this is going to keep going.

I'm going to back out because I don't need to be the one who posts last.

This I can agree with you on,

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, thrago said:

I really like the skate jersey, but it's mostly the color scheme more then the skate although the skate is at least hockey related.  The current color scheme isn't great and the Orca is terrible, not only is it silly looking it makes no sense Orca's are found everywhere there is an Ocean, has nothing to do with Vancouver 90% of the planet is water.

what about sharks? bruins? penguins? flames? maple leafs? how are any of those specific to the cities they represent?

I could go on down the list but I think I've made my point. 

2 minutes ago, tas said:

what about sharks? bruins? penguins? flames? maple leafs? how are any of those specific to the cities they represent?

I could go on down the list but I think I've made my point. 

Other teams having jerseys that make no sense doesn't make it any better. The most ridiculous being the Penguins although the reason they used that is the Civic arena nicknamed the Igloo for it's looks is the reason.  Still makes little to no sense but at least they are consistent as are the others in that they use Penguins as there team name as do the sharks, the Fames and the Maple leafs. What does a whale have to do with a Canuck (Slang for Canadian)? Although you could say Skates don't go with Canucks either but they kind of do as Skates are used in Canada's most popular sport Hockey which is what they play.  But I do agree with your point other teams have dumb logos too.