The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN -- CBJ [Proposal]

CBJ are looking on the outside in on a playoff spot and other then a potential Johny Hockey, Laine, Jenner and Voracek there are questions in the forward Group. Bjorkstand is gone and Kent Johnson is the next potential 1C. 

We can help them out by giving them a couple forward that can net them 50 pts each and help them.

Canucks Trade: Horvat (30% retained), Garland and Rathbone

in exchange for 

Roslovic and Boqvist.

This gives CBJ some depth on C and may allow Kent Johnson to slowly step into a higher roll.

Roslovic is a potential 3C to replace Horvat for us and Boqvist gives us  depth on RHD. 

Is this a fair deal or are we underpaying for the potential in Boqvist.

I generally like the targets, but I think we end up losing that trade a bit. In my mind, The value of Garland and Rathbone together is slightly higher value than Roslovic alone - whereas you believe we are UNDERPAYING for Boqvist overall. Between Horvat and Boqvist, one is a proven performer, and the other hasn't really broken out yet but has a high ceiling in a position where we clearly need help. We'd be paying for potential and the position, and giving up a known commodity in Horvat. With this said, the trade becomes more appealing if we know there is no way we can re-sign Horvat and will have to move him anyway.

Pearson Miller Boeser
Kuzmenko Pettersson Mikheyev

Podz Roslovic Hoglander
Joshua Aman Lazar

Hughes Boqvist
OEL Myers
Stillman Poolman
Burroughs

Yeah, I could get behind this. We aren't as strong on forward, but that D instantly looks a lot better....

Edited by kloubek

1 hour ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

CBJ are looking on the outside in on a playoff spot and other then a potential Johny Hockey, Laine, Jenner and Voracek there are questions in the forward Group. Bjorkstand is gone and Kent Johnson is the next potential 1C. 

We can help them out by giving them a couple forward that can net them 50 pts each and help them.

Canucks Trade: Horvat (30% retained), Garland and Rathbone

in exchange for 

Roslovic and Boqvist.

This gives CBJ some depth on C and may allow Kent Johnson to slowly step into a higher roll.

Roslovic is a potential 3C to replace Horvat for us and Boqvist gives us  depth on RHD. 

Is this a fair deal or are we underpaying for the potential in Boqvist.

I like the tread but not Horvat and Garland that would hurt the offence..

Horvat - Rathbone -  3rd rounder 2023 -- Horvát alone should get almost get deal done...

Boqvist - Roslovis

Just now, wildcam said:

I like the tread but not Horvat and Garland that would hurt the offence..

Horvat - Rathbone -  3rd rounder 2023 -- Horvát alone should get almost get deal done...

Boqvist - Roslovis

Peeke RD - 25 -6'3 --  this season 787,000 -- 3yrs X 2.7 mil - starting 2023-24 season --- Jenn 29 - 6'3 - C

Horvat - Columbus..

Peeke played 22-24 min top pairing last season... 

Even Peeke --- Horvat. ---

We need Peeke his would prevent lots of goals and make team much better....