The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Anyone who’s played with or against the Sedins will tell you they’re not soft. 

When it came down to the most important games in our history, they folded. 

I love them both as players and community leaders. 

I have only one critique over their entire careers and then a thousand praises. 

The one critique was that they were soft as jello against a team that knew how to exploit them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

The one critique was that they were soft as jello against a team that knew how to exploit them. 

Agree to disagree. Healthy Hamhuis and Kesler the Canucks win that series. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Not violent doesn’t mean soft. Your perception of soft is simply being playing violent. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Can’t cash in if you’re worth Pesos. 

Value is perceived in the eye of the beholder. Many teams would be all over Bo in Free Agency and would pay a premium for him too, imho.

A team captain who has spent his career playing with lesser quality players on his wings, responsible in the face off dot, and provides consistent scoring…yeah, if I was another GM I’d be putting some weight into who he’s played for and if this team has supported him enough to become something more, or has held him back in some ways too because they have generally lacked the depth to free him up or enable him further.

It’s a tough call. If he moves on so be it, and I think his career/motivation could be rejuvenated and ultimate potential realized elsewhere. Drop him into the #2 C slot permanently on another club and give him compatible wingers that are offense driven and I think Bo improves on his best career year here. I could be wrong but it’s just my opinion. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Kuzmenko, Hughes, Aman (until I see a bit more from him at this point)  

And you think Boeser is tougher than they are? I don't understand your reasoning. Kuzmenko and Hughes battle way harder than Boeser and are willing to go to the tougher areas of the ice. I don't follow your reasoning as to why you'd consider those players soft but not Boeser.