The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Exactly. Why can't other teams start on the road? Why does Edmonton start every year at home? It's disgusting how the league operates. Plays favourites to top players.

It's Steve Hatze Petros who's responsible for the schedule. 

Ding-Dong-Ditch? 

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The Sedin stink is all over Horvat. Great players, lethargic leaders on the ice.

We change the Coaching we change some of the players but what remains? The LEADERSHIP. We know the "Culture" needs to change as we see the same type of play occur over and over and we wonder why. 

I always said that Nazzy, Hank and now Bo would have been just fine playing without the "C" on their jersey.

JR said he needed to change the Country Club atmosphere here? 

We can talk about individual players and coaches as being the problem, but this(LEADERSHIP) needs to change above anything else IMHO.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Muttley said:

No one feels worse then Miller himself about his start. You could tell in the interview. He'll come around real quick like you say. So far as Horvat goes, I think he's 

tired of interviews where he has to address not only his own play but that of the team. Hell, I wouldn't want to. You're quite right about the lack of petulance in Bo.

He needs to ramp it up a couple of notches.

Talk is cheap, Miller on the other hand........

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Muttley said:

No one feels worse then Miller himself about his start. You could tell in the interview. He'll come around real quick like you say. So far as Horvat goes, I think he's 

tired of interviews where he has to address not only his own play but that of the team. Hell, I wouldn't want to. You're quite right about the lack of petulance in Bo.

He needs to ramp it up a couple of notches.

Bo, Miller and Petey aren't feeling great right about now and so I'm not sure what there is to say/hear from them.

I do think they'll all regroup and I wouldn't be writing them off so early on. We know what they're capable of so the fact that they're down doesn't mean they'll stay down. People here are so impatient...rightfully so after last year's horrific train wreck of a first half of the season. But the PTSD is very real around here but past experiences don't guarantee future ones and some people need to pace themselves with their assessments. If last year taught us anything it's that seasons are played out over 82 games, nothing less.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Bo, Miller and Petey aren't feeling great right about now and so I'm not sure what there is to say/hear from them.

I do think they'll all regroup and I wouldn't be writing them off so early on. We know what they're capable of so the fact that they're down doesn't mean they'll stay down. People here are so impatient...rightfully so after last year's horrific train wreck of a first half of the season. But the PTSD is very real around here but past experiences don't guarantee future ones and some people need to pace themselves with their assessments. If last year taught us anything it's that seasons are played out over 82 games, nothing less.

Past experiences don't guarantee future ones, but there's also the definition of insanity which is what they've done with their defence, and surprise surprise?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Well then maybe refer to his actions last year because they spoke volumes. Before we just slide back into the JT spin cycle again.

I am thinking the same, he was still producing when most of his teammates had checked out last year. One thing that has been consistent with him is his passion and his obvious desire to win at all costs. I will reserve my thoughts on his play this season.

• Cheers 1

Looking at the whole picture............going back to last  year, and the extremely small sample size of this year..........

This is what come to mind......

#1. We just have no depth at RHD, never mind a partner for Hughes, we need a #2, that is equal of better than Myers (who we miss dearly)

#2. Leadership.........I just don't see it. I am sorry but when things are going well, you don't really need it, but when things are going bad....................

#3 Character............This goes right along with Leadership........we have to have guys that will go above and beyond, when things get bad (I don't see it)

I look at Kevin Bieksa type guys, and man would he be welcome right now. I have always had that problem with Horvat, he just does not do any extra, when the chips are down. No extra hits, no pushing, no nothing..........

I would do a huge over pay to get these problem fixed..............NOW!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Looking at the whole picture............going back to last  year, and the extremely small sample size of this year..........

This is what come to mind......

#1. We just have no depth at RHD, never mind a partner for Hughes, we need a #2, that is equal of better than Myers (who we miss dearly)

#2. Leadership.........I just don't see it. I am sorry but when things are going well, you don't really need it, but when things are going bad....................

#3 Character............This goes right along with Leadership........we have to have guys that will go above and beyond, when things get bad (I don't see it)

I look at Kevin Bieksa type guys, and man would he be welcome right now. I have always had that problem with Horvat, he just does not do any extra, when the chips are down. No extra hits, no pushing, no nothing..........

I would do a huge over pay to get these problem fixed..............NOW!

Defense hasn't been the issue in the last two games though