The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

as I originally said, he'll be almost 40 and I guarantee you he will not be playing in the NHL in the last few years of his contract.    He'll be lucky to make it to 34-35 y.o. playing. I'll bet you $5 bucks on that!

That would be a good thing and would make this contract amazing! 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Coming off the best performance of the season as a "team"... who would you take out of the lineup to make room for Brock???

He plays on the 4th instead of Joshua, easy decision. Gives him time to get back to game speed, probably gets some reps on PP2. Looking at 12 minutes probably of ice time. No pressure on him too

7 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

as I originally said, he'll be almost 40 and I guarantee you he will not be playing in the NHL in the last few years of his contract.    He'll be lucky to make it to 34-35 y.o. playing. I'll bet you $5 bucks on that!

It's easy to make your opinion sound plausible if you manipulate numbers and make questionable predictions.

As stated before, JT start his final season when he's 36yrs old; not 'almost 40'. 

More importantly, he will be 34yrs when his NMC becomes modified. There's no way of predicting

what his performance level will be like.  Hopefully he will still be a top 6 player; maybe he won't,

but if he is by the time his M-NMC kick in, that contract is a huge win for the Canucks.

• Huggy Bear 1