The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat: Elite Goal Scorer

Rate this topic

Drive-By Body Pierce

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Lol, who cares what that hasbeen thinks?

Goals are more valuable than assists, and goal scoring the most premium skill there is. Who cares if Bo is a goal scoring centre - who also happens to be among the best face off men in the league. Folks trying hard to diminish what Bo is doing and its rather hilarious. If I didn’t know better I’d think some of the media are out there working for Rutherford in the negotiations. 

TBh there is something anonymous about Bo's game. I don't know what it is. He doesn't work the way Linden did. And doesnt have beast mode like Kesler did. He just gets goals and high 5's the team on the way off the ice. Just playing devil's advocate. I've never liked or hated the guy 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

9 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

TBh there is something anonymous about Bo's game. I don't know what it is. He doesn't work the way Linden did. And doesnt have beast mode like Kesler did. He just gets goals and high 5's the team on the way off the ice. Just playing devil's advocate. I've never liked or hated the guy 

I agree.  I was quite surprised when I read in this forum just how good a scorer he actually is.

21 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

If we sat our team down and told them this year is a tank , then we could get one of the 3 

Deep draft...only 2 worth tanking for...everyone else will be a good pick from 3 to 15.

But regardless...no, we don't trade Bo. We trade the other Bo...

Horvat will be around 60+ points and over 20 goals by the TDL with numerous selke nods.  He will have priced himself out of our organization.  Management will need to decide whether to trade him or handcuff this team further by keeping him.

He is literally what you need to win a championship but we no longer can afford him.

But hey, Miller until retirement ;) 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Past summer was a tough call...Miller or Horvat. I think management thought that the time to move on Miller was summer, and Bo would wait until during the season (who knows...private discussions maybe?). It seems odd to me to wrap an anchor around Miller if the long term plan is to move him and keep Bo. So it may in fact be the plan to move Bo at the TDL.

- What should have happened: Miller and Boeser OUT...picks and young talent IN. :picard:

- What should happen now: Boeser OUT...picks IN...re-sign Bo. :rolleyes:

- What will most likely happen: Bo for picks at TDL. :canucks::mad:

50 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Horvat will be around 60+ points and over 20 goals by the TDL with numerous selke nods.  He will have priced himself out of our organization.  Management will need to decide whether to trade him or handcuff this team further by keeping him.

He is literally what you need to win a championship but we no longer can afford him.

The organization, if they are open to the idea that they may have made errors in player priority can still keep Horvat here. And I’m just loving it as more and more folks getting onboard with the idea of Bo staying. Feels great to those of us who didn’t waver in this. 

But will Rutherford and company see it that way? Going to be fascinating to watch.

Let’s say Horvat keeps a pace up in which it’s looking like a cinch for 40 goals…and him being drafted here, and the captain…and perhaps we are pushing for the playoffs… will this management have the stones to trade the guy? I think they will look elsewhere to alter the roster personally.

I have said on these boards a long while ago. I am positive Bo could be a 50 goal scorer.  He had all the skills needed to do it, it just hadn't come together until recently.
Hopefully he does 50.  Then again, I want him to stay a Canuck.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, danjr said:

I have said on these boards a long while ago. I am positive Bo could be a 50 goal scorer.  He had all the skills needed to do it, it just hadn't come together until recently.

I don’t see him maintaining the pace for 50 but how incredible would that be - even though he currently sits at a 76 goal pace. Madness! I mean folks seemed to be shocked by what he’s been doing, but he’s shown to be a 30 goal guy….and if Miller could explode from a 65 point guy to 99, why couldn’t Bo go from 30 goals to 40…even 45. 50? But let’s face it, with this start 40 goals would almost seem slightly disappointing, lol.

At some point Bo isn’t going to score in a game…could very well be tonight. And that will seem strange. ::D

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, danjr said:

I've been saying all along Bo is a 70 point guy if he can play offense when 5x5.

Problem is that even this year Bo us being deployed in matchup roles which hinders his total offense but he is doing what nds to be done for the team.

Big picture, Bo is on the cusp of passing Bertuzzi for 10th in all time Canuck goal scorers. 

Bo needs to stay as a Canuck, his total value is way underappreciated by to many on here that think a players total value is in points alone.

To afford him, beg every team in the league to take on any player not named Hughes, Petey, Kuzmenko or Demko.

Edited by GB5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

We can still trade Miller.  I wonder if there’s a gentleman’s agreement that we will not trade Miller this season,  fore his new contract and NMC kicks in?  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

We can still trade Miller.  I wonder if there’s a gentleman’s agreement that we will not trade Miller this season,  fore his new contract and NMC kicks in?  

I wonder if there is a GM out there that would take Miller's long expensive contract and offer back a first, next years second and a couple players on expiring contracts.

• Vintage 1

Just now, GB5 said:

I wonder if there is a GM out there that would take Miller's long expensive contract and offer back a first, next years second and a couple players on expiring contracts.

You mean like getting Chytil, Lundquist and a first?  Damn, what could have been. Thanks Aquilini! :picard:

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, ABNuck said:

Past summer was a tough call...Miller or Horvat. I think management thought that the time to move on Miller was summer, and Bo would wait until during the season (who knows...private discussions maybe?). It seems odd to me to wrap an anchor around Miller if the long term plan is to move him and keep Bo. So it may in fact be the plan to move Bo at the TDL.

- What should have happened: Miller and Boeser OUT...picks and young talent IN. :picard:

- What should happen now: Boeser OUT...picks IN...re-sign Bo. :rolleyes:

- What will most likely happen: Bo for picks at TDL. :canucks::mad:

These GM's are just as bad as politicians. Say one thing and do the opposite :mad: