The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Everyone whining about the prospect of him leaving is essentially using that as a defense. He scores on the PP and wins faceoffs. That's it. That does not warrant 7x8 here 

You were saying?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

All Bo does is take faceoffs. EP is superior in every single way. Offensively and defensively. That does not warrant something around 7x8.

It's wasting money like this that keeps us a bottom feeder. All but 4 guys are 1 way players on this roster. That includes bo 

There is something anonymous about Bo's game. Maybe it's the lack of assists. 

I agree that he's not worth 7+. But he'll get it. Why did someone like Brad Richards get superstar money ? He never got 30 goals 

35 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Bad news for your side regardless. The more he scores, The more likely he is traded lol

Boeser is the lynchpin imo. Once he can string a few games together and show he's healthy I think we see a trade to free up the cap space needed to ink Bo. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Bad news for your side regardless. The more he scores, The more likely he is traded lol

Disagree.  He's clearly the leader of this team and a guy they'll want to build around.  Without Horvat, Miller was pretty invisible last night.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Disagree.  He's clearly the leader of this team and a guy they'll want to build around.  Without Horvat, Miller was pretty invisible last night.

meh, you guys and your Miller hate. 22 mins of ice time, 2 hits, 2 blocked shots, with an underperforming Pearson and Boeser back from injury. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JM_ said:

meh, you guys and your Miller hate. 22 mins of ice time, 2 hits, 2 blocked shots, with an underperforming Pearson and Boeser back from injury. 

I don't have Miller hate at all.  I think he's a great player when he decides to be.  I've never said anything different.

I don't have Miller hate at all.  I think he's a great player when he decides to be.  I've never said anything different.

I think it comes through in statements like he was invisible last night, I mean how so? 

Maybe you don't dislike him, its more to do with Rutherford not doing what you wanted re: trades and it colours how you view his play. 

IMO we're lucky to have him. 

Just now, JM_ said:

I think it comes through in statements like he was invisible last night, I mean how so? 

Maybe you don't dislike him, its more to do with Rutherford not doing what you wanted re: trades and it colours how you view his play. 

IMO we're lucky to have him. 

I don't think so.  If you sign an $8m+ deal then you better be the guy every night, last night I barely noticed him, that's all I said.  Unfortunately it looks like he's not going to be the C that management and fans hoped he'd be when he signed that deal.

• Cheers 1

I don't think so.  If you sign an $8m+ deal then you better be the guy every night, last night I barely noticed him, that's all I said.  Unfortunately it looks like he's not going to be the C that management and fans hoped he'd be when he signed that deal.

I don't know how you can make that decision on him, based on what we've seen out of him over his entire time here. Its not like we haven't had a chance to see what he can do. Yes he had a crap start like the entire team did, but that seems to be changing for the better. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I don't know how you can make that decision on him, based on what we've seen out of him over his entire time here. Its not like we haven't had a chance to see what he can do. Yes he had a crap start like the entire team did, but that seems to be changing for the better. 

As you know, this has been my stance for a long while.  This has nothing to do with his start

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Boeser is the lynchpin imo. Once he can string a few games together and show he's healthy I think we see a trade to free up the cap space needed to ink Bo. 

All that does is keep us in no man's land. 1 guy left who would bring multiple young pieces for the future and everyone wants to do what we always do haha. Lucky for us JR thinks different in this situation 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Set your standards higher. Stop accepting being in no man's land because we let everyone walk or sign them to retirement deals lol

Horvat

Leads in goals

Leads in power play goals

leads in shorthanded goals

leads in shorthanded points

1 point behind E.P for lead in points

tied for 1st in power play points

tied for 1st in GWG

best face off percentage on the team

• There it is 1

12 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

All that does is keep us in no man's land. 1 guy left who would bring multiple young pieces for the future and everyone wants to do what we always do haha. Lucky for us JR thinks different in this situation 

how is cap space 'no mans land'? moving Brock free's up 6.6 mil, once Bo is signed there's a lot left over for a UFA 3C, e.g. 

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

how is cap space 'no mans land'? moving Brock free's up 6.6 mil, once Bo is signed there's a lot left over for a UFA 3C, e.g. 

Retaining the same guys who lead us to no man's land isn't the play. We need to stop paying premiums for 1 way players. BO is the only guy they actually admitted to potentially trading. He's not the leader he wants. Same with Bruce and Co. And I agree is all

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Pearson may not have put up points, but DAMN his effort level was above everyone else last night. The way he battled and kept skating through every check and fighting for the puck. The past few games Pearson has kept his feet moving while being checked along the boards and hes muscling his way through and its leading to possession

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Retaining the same guys who lead us to no man's land isn't the play. We need to stop paying premiums for 1 way players. BO is the only guy they actually admitted to potentially trading. He's not the leader he wants. Same with Bruce and Co. And I agree is all

well, this is one of those agree to disagree moments :)

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Pearson may not have put up points, but DAMN his effort level was above everyone else last night. The way he battled and kept skating through every check and fighting for the puck. The past few games Pearson has kept his feet moving while being checked along the boards and hes muscling his way through and its leading to possession

yeah thats fair. I just think he's well past his best before date.