The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I don't think so, he's likely viewed as a high character guy, but he's not going to bring a big return. Some teams will take him for cheap. 

Myers maybe if we retain 1/2?

They may take him for cheap, but he difinitely is not a chased player atm... always injured, fairly high salary (especially if he doesn't play/ scores). This is not a punt at Boeser, just how I see it. 

As for Myers, yes absolutely. Hope they do it at TDL (unless a really decent offer comes during the season). There's likely a team looking for a big Dman to be part off their D group for the playoffs, especially if he comes at 3M for a year (two playoffs). 

8 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Trading Bo is a mistake. Can’t quite believe we are at this point now.

Agree... its a bloody mess...

They don't have anything we want/need do they? ( sorry the addrd part was to wrong post :) )

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It doesn't mean much when they're struggling with the limited time they're getting they're getting when they're playing. Hoglander's averaging 12 minutes a game and Pod is getting 13 minutes. In Abbotsford they would be getting 6-8 more minutes each #1 PP time and PK time they won't get here. 

BB isn't gonna give them quality ice-time. He's trying to win games and they're not proving to him that they can stick in the lineup or are worth the added responsibility.

On top of that we have a forward heavy lineup this year and Boeser's back. Neither of them might not even be on PP2

Sedins are involved in the player development department which the Ryan Johnson, who's also the AHL GM, is the Director of. They already spend time with the AHL team, probably more time there than with the Canucks since that's their job. So either way they get Sedin time. 

This is from an article on the Canucks website two days ago in regards to their induction to the HHOF.

Both Pod and Hog have been playing in leagues about as good as, if not better than the AHL, since they were 17. And they both were able to produce at that level. Sure you can send them down to the AHL, where they can play 20+ minutes a night and dominate and learn how to become the next Reid Boucher. 

I'd much rather they were forced to take the next step, as both have proven they can play in the NHL, they just need some more practice and coaching to be reliable NHLers. Except the practice should be with and against NHL level players and the coaching should be with NHL coaches. 

I'd much rather they were practicing with players like JT, Petey, Quinn and Bo, learning how to play with and against that level of talent. I want them to be able to play against McDavid, not Boucher.

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I hope we trade BO. The entitlement of some fans is just though the roof. Soooooo emotially attached to certain players. I get it but damn people chill

I think this is a fair point. Outside of Hughes and Pettersson, a non-emotional move has to be made. Should it be Bo? Don’t know…someone has to go.

8 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I hope we trade BO. The entitlement of some fans is just though the roof. Soooooo emotially attached to certain players. I get it but damn people chill

Nothing to do with emotional attachment and everything to do with not having someone to replace what Bo brings

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

They may take him for cheap, but he difinitely is not a chased player atm... always injured, fairly high salary (especially if he doesn't play/ scores). This is not a punt at Boeser, just how I see it. 

if we do end up in tear it down mode, I can see something along the lines of a shorter bad contact + pick back for Brock, something along those lines. If a team can shed a problem that certainly helps us on the return side. 

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

As for Myers, yes absolutely. Hope they do it at TDL (unless a really decent offer comes during the season). There's likely a team looking for a big Dman to be part off their D group for the playoffs, especially if he comes at 3M for a year (two playoffs). 

yep. 

If we go tank mode really it should be very easy to make deals for all these guys. Rutherford seems to be heading into some serious old dude anger, so who knows what he's thinking, I wouldn't be surprised at anything right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I think this is a fair point. Outside of Hughes and Pettersson, a non-emotional move has to be made. Should it be Bo? Don’t know…someone has to go.

Think a lot of folks would have been more at ease with the idea, if Miller hadn't shown this odd attitude to the start the season, having to move him to Brocks wing instead of holding a line on his own. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Think a lot of folks would have been more at ease with the idea, if Miller hadn't shown this odd attitude to the start the season, having to move him to Brocks wing instead of holding a line on his own. 

Ya, very true, though JR’s comments on Bo. Looks like a Bo trade could be very high on the table.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

if we do end up in tear it down mode, I can see something along the lines of a shorter bad contact + pick back for Brock, something along those lines. If a team can shed a problem that certainly helps us on the return side. 

yep. 

If we go tank mode really it should be very easy to make deals for all these guys. Rutherford seems to be heading into some serious old dude anger, so who knows what he's thinking, I wouldn't be surprised at anything right now.

There is zero doubt most of our players represents some sort of value... it only the contracts attached that has to be compensated somehow. 
In the right environment most of them will easily succeed. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, J-23 said:

Ya, very true, though JR’s comments on Bo. Looks like a Bo trade could be very high on the table.

Thought that from the start of the season, since they seemingly under cut him during the contract negotiations. 

Only positive is him playing himself into star status, making the return far better. 

Its going to leave a hole in the line up nevertheless... 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Nothing to do with emotional attachment and everything to do with not having someone to replace what Bo brings

We are a bottom of the league team, Always have been with him. He doesn't move the needle. You convinced yourself without him we won't be winning anything. Well sir... We arnt winning anything WITH him and in his prime WHILE giving him multiple PPG peices to work with lol.

It's not our time to ascend. Let him free while he's in his prime looking for a retirement deal. That move will be Miller and OEL 2.0 without the poor effort obvs. I got nothing against him honestly. He's too old now 

2 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

If this regime trades Bo while extending Miller....  :picard:

What can you do? Miller is extended now and Bo is not.

A lot of teams in good positions now have moved on from their top guy(s). Look at the Sabres now after moving on from Eichel.

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Thought that from the start of the season, since they seemingly under cut him during the contract negotiations. 

Only positive is him playing himself into star status, making the return far better. 

Its going to leave a hole in the line up nevertheless... 

I don’t think they expected this type of offence from Bo. They wanted to get him for a very cheap friendly deal. Won’t get that now. Looks like a F U to management for not prioritizing him.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

We are a bottom of the league team, Always have been with him. He doesn't move the needle. You convinced yourself without him we won't be winning anything. Well sir... We arnt winning anything WITH him and in his prime WHILE giving him multiple PPG peices to work with lol.

It's not our time to ascend. Let him free while he's in his prime looking for a retirement deal. That move will be Miller and OEL 2.0 without the poor effort obvs. I got nothing against him honestly. He's too old now 

He absolutely does move the needle and you move Bo, say goodbye to Petey as well because they'll be a bottom feeder for a long time.  There aren't a lot of players that can score the way Bo does and even fewer who take and win faceoffs the way Bo does. 

The modern game is a possession game and that starts with faceoffs, moving Bo and not having a replacement ready would be a terrible move

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yep. 

I don't see them.going into tank mode as they don't have the valuable pieces to get much back.

17 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Both Pod and Hog have been playing in leagues about as good as, if not better than the AHL, since they were 17. And they both were able to produce at that level. Sure you can send them down to the AHL, where they can play 20+ minutes a night and dominate and learn how to become the next Reid Boucher. 

I'd much rather they were forced to take the next step, as both have proven they can play in the NHL, they just need some more practice and coaching to be reliable NHLers. Except the practice should be with and against NHL level players and the coaching should be with NHL coaches. 

I'd much rather they were practicing with players like JT, Petey, Quinn and Bo, learning how to play with and against that level of talent. I want them to be able to play against McDavid, not Boucher.

I mean if we keep them here and they get no ice time and no roles they could also stunt their growth. Are goal is not to develop them into 3rd/4th line players that barely get any meaningful minutes. 

If they never get that ice-time and important role minutes they’ll never develop properly. Practicing with NHLers doesn’t mean much when you’re struggling with the ice-time your getting, struggling to get any meaningful minutes or sitting out games. 

Especially now that the team isn’t playing great. It’s not exactly the best environment for them. Forcing players who aren’t ready to take the next step on an underperforming team is probably the worst thing you can do for them.

I would much rather them get the chance to be important players on a team, being relied upon to play a lot of meaningful minutes. They’re aren’t getting that here and are struggling. 

And it’s not like they’re gonna spend the season there. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't see them.going into tank mode as they don't have the valuable pieces to get much back.

that doesn't matter, and is also a bad reason not to tank. We're too shitty to tank?

You get your elite players from your own picks, every other return adds to the depth to whatever degree additional picks and prospects work out. 

• Cheers 1