The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November (06-12) 2022

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol I dunno about that Vegas the only question mark really was goaltending.. their forward and defence is nasty.. I expect nothing less than a sweep against the canucks this season lol

Goaltending was a big one though, they've done a good job insulating their tenders though and their tenders have stepped up. Given how the division has played for the most part I have a hard time seeing another divisional team catching them unless they really fall off. 

LA's also looking good. 

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Goaltending was a big one though, they've done a good job insulating their tenders though and their tenders have stepped up. Given how the division has played for the most part I have a hard time seeing another divisional team catching them unless they really fall off. 

LA's also looking good. 

i actually didn't think their goaltending issue is that big.. i personally thought their goaltending is better without that head case lehner. Thompson have dominated at the AHL level and he was solid much better than lehner last year. playing behind that vegas defence with cassidy as coach even demko stat wouldn't like as bad as it is now

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Connor McDavid is from another planet.

When McDavid is flying around with puck on stick like that it’s like watching a ringette player.  The puck is glued to his stick, his head is up, and he can go in any direction with amazing acceleration.  Hate he’s an Oiler, but fun as hell to watch. 

13 minutes ago, mll said:

If they had to reattach any tendons or nerves there's no way he's back in the 3-4 months timeline given. Probably immobilized for 1 month, another 1 month to be able to start moving the wrist somewhat normally again, and likely a year of rehab to regain dexterity and build back strength. Might even need a second surgery at some point to break up scar tissue.

Scary injury. 

8 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

If they had to reattach any tendons or nerves there's no way he's back in the 3-4 months timeline given. Probably immobilized for 1 month, another 1 month to be able to start moving the wrist somewhat normally again, and likely a year of rehab to regain dexterity and build back strength. Might even need a second surgery at some point to break up scar tissue.

Scary injury. 

But lucky to be alive.

Thank god for good doctors.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1