The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s not even remotely close to Myers 2.0 and the numbers back that up substantially. 

Lmfao dude the Devils team defensive stats are top of the league. How did that go when we plucked a pure defensive Dickinson off a top defensive team again? Same story yet at 4x the cap hit and term lol. 

After the last 10 years there is no way people are STILL looking at adding more guys on retirement deals. This is insane to me lmao

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Lmfao dude the Devils team defensive stats are top of the league. How did that go when we plucked a pure defensive Dickinson off a top defensive team again? Same story yet at 4x the cap hit and term lol. 

After the last 10 years there is no way people are STILL looking at add more guys on retirement deals. This is insane to me lmao

I’ve watched Severson since he played for Kelowna, he is FAR from Myers 2.0, period. 

• Vintage 1

Does anyone have a second team that they secretly cheer for? I think I could use one to keep my interest in hockey alive this year!

Gotta be Canadian for me. I just can’t do EDM, CGY or TOR. OTT has a Tkchuck so they’re out. That leaves MTL or WPG as teams I have no ill will for, but only the Jets look like they have a shot at the playoffs… so… go Jets?

This is getting way off topic lol. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Does anyone think that if the team got a few lucky bounces to start the year and came out of the gates say 3-2 on that season opening road trip, that they would have come home with enough confidence to avoid having the season collapse the way it has? Those multiple multi goal lead collapses must have been really disheartening. 

I know this isn’t a perfect team by any means but I feel like if they were all happy and confident we’d be right in the playoff hunt.

Nope. Not to mention if they can't mentally overcome blowing a lead in a single game. They won't have the mental capacity to overcome adversity during multiple playoffs runs and a shot at a cup. Core has good players but the worst mix of play styles and chemistry 

Just now, Strawbone said:

Does anyone have a second team that they secretly cheer for? I think I could use one to keep my interest in hockey alive this year!

Gotta be Canadian for me. I just can’t do EDM, CGY or TOR. OTT has a Tkchuck so they’re out. That leaves MTL or WPG as teams I have no ill will for, but only the Jets look like they have a shot at the playoffs… so… go Jets?

Boston for me. 

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Strawbone said:

Abbotsford. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’ve watched Severson since he played for Kelowna, he is FAR from Myers 2.0, period. 

You're cut off from the internet today sir. You are really going to try and suggest we should be adding more middling talent on 7 year deals deep into their 30s. That is what we call pulling a Jim Benning around these parts

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

You're cut off from the internet today sir. You are really going to try and suggest we should be adding more middling talent on 7 year deals deep into their 30s. That is what we call pulling a Jim Benning around these parts

No I’m free to do what I want thanks. And defensemen tend to play well into their 30’s and my proposal is a player in his 30’s for a player 2 years from his plus futures so again not a “Benning move” it is a hockey trade trading from a position of strength (forward) for a position of need (defense and youth)

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Does anyone think that if the team got a few lucky bounces to start the year and came out of the gates say 3-2 on that season opening road trip, that they would have come home with enough confidence to avoid having the season collapse the way it has? Those multiple multi goal lead collapses must have been really disheartening. 

I know this isn’t a perfect team by any means but I feel like if they were all happy and confident we’d be right in the playoff hunt.

I agree, the mental toughness of the team was exposed which I believe would have reared its ugly head in the post season, which would have been worse IMO.

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No I’m free to do what I want thanks. And defensemen tend to play well into their 30’s and my proposal is a player in his 30’s for a player 2 years from his plus futures so again not a “Benning move” it is a hockey trade trading from a position of strength (forward) for a position of need (defense and youth)

Guess I should have added an emoji! Was just joking lol. 

But no severson. We need to stop being a bottom feeder with a nothing prospect pool while making contender like signings. This doesn't help our present or future. The sample size is soooo big we shouldn't even be having this type of debate about these types of signings / trades 

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

But no severson. We need to stop being a bottom feeder with a nothing prospect pool while making contender like signings. This doesn't help our present or future. The sample size is soooo big we shouldn't even be having this type of debate about these types of signings / trades 

Miller for Severson, Bahl, Clarke. Adds to the prospect pool can add or trade in a pick.

Boeser/Garland for a prospect/pick package

Myers for pick/s

On what planet are these not moves with future benefits? And fills a nesd in adding a legit top 4 dman. 

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

They're going to have to take cap back on every deal, there's no escaping that.  Some will be old guys on expiring deals, some will be guys who the Canucks will need to step into important positions on the team.  Believing that this is going to be a stockpiling picks "rebuild" is setting up for disappointment, imo.

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Miller for Severson, Bahl, Clarke. Adds to the prospect pool can add or trade in a pick.

Boeser/Garland for a prospect/pick package

Myers for pick/s

On what planet are these not moves with future benefits? And fills a nesd in adding a legit top 4 dman. 

They won't be getting picks for Myers and boeser, or not just picks anyway.  I think Boeser is the best chance at a good old fashioned hockey trade........need for need, salary for salary.

• Cheers 1