The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3.77 and .884

Rate this topic

Tones12

13 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

So playing Martin is the solution? His stats in November is even worse than Demko just fyi 

Nah we probably shit outta luck. 

Goalies playing bad and are under siege against every team that isn't a bottom team or struggling for the most part. 

It's a bad cocktail.

32 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Nah we probably shit outta luck. 

Goalies playing bad and are under siege against every team that isn't a bottom team or struggling for the most part. 

It's a bad cocktail.

it's a terrible situation for our goalies right now.. they are both struggling.. and the team for whatever reason doesn't simplify their plays with smart hockey and make it easier for our goalies to gain their confidence back. how do either goalie gain confidence and make some simple saves knowing the team will give up infinite odd man rush against and if he gives up a rebound his defence won't be there to clear it or clears it onto the opponent's stick lol. sux to be demko or martin right now

If I were Boudreau I would be playing Spencer Martin if I wanted to win right now.  It has happened before.  Troy Gamble stole Kirk McLean's job for a season around 1991 and played better than Captain Kirk that year.  Kirk worked hard in the offseason and in the next three years he was a Vezina finalist and a Stanley Cup finalist.  Goalies are supposed to be mentally tough...you don't need to coddle them like babies...unfortunately the exception being Luongo who wanted to take his ball and go home when Schneider unseated him.  I love Luongo but he made his own bed with the goalie controversy there.

Point being...all kinds of great goalies have an off year.  If they are really a starter they show what they can do the next year.  I have seen management give up on goalies too early (Barrasso in Buffalo, Pete Peeters in Philadelphia, Curtis Joseph in St. Louis), I have seen goalies pout until they are traded (Roy, Luongo), and I have seen both team and goalie remain loyal to each other until the last minute of the goalie's career (Billy Smith, Tony Esposito).

Brass tacks...just play the goalie who is playing well.  If not getting some starts actually turns out to be the end of the world for Demko, then he was never the guy to begin with.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:09 PM, Tones12 said:

No those aren’t typos…those are Demko’s numbers which put him at 65th and 65th in the league respectively. Is it time to for him to give up the net, impossible to win many games with those numbers and he looks like he has zero confidence.

Demko, is good enough to lead the team to NHL Purgatory cause the rest of the roster are only interested, in padding their stats vs team success.  Too bad: the team has a franchise goalie and a fractured locker room.

Edited by ShawnAntoski