The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November/December (27-03) 2022

Rate this topic

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Canuck luck would have him land with the Ducks or Sharks. Then another top 3 going to the Ducks/Sharks.

I fully expect him to go to Anaheim because he'd hurt us a lot more with their group than he would with an aging Sharks team 

Not sure anyone's gonna beat them out for last 

Just now, Coconuts said:

I fully expect him to go to Anaheim because he'd hurt us a lot more with their group than he would with an aging Sharks team 

Not sure anyone's gonna beat them out for last 

That's the last team anyone probably wants him considering the talent they have upfront.

They've drafted a lot of D in the first two rounds the last few years. Have a couple Gs that were drafted in the 3rd round(one from trade with Pittsburgh) too developing.  They'll take a little longer but they have a good route to creating a contender. 

Probably not right away but watch out in 2-3 years after this draft.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

That's the last team anyone probably wants him considering the talent they have upfront.

They've drafted a lot of D in the first two rounds the last few years. Have a couple Gs that were drafted in the 3rd round(one from trade with Pittsburgh) too developing.  They'll take a little longer but they have a good route to creating a contender. 

Probably not right away but watch out in 2-3 years after this draft.

They've been pretty patient in their approach to rebuilding, I wish we'd take that route. They gradually declined and ownership and management embraced it as a natural cycle teams go through, they'd been competitive for a long time. Won a cup even. 

I question whether we'll ever see a genuine rebuild here.