The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, swimsWithDucks said:

Are you that dense? Everyone here can handle a rebuild. What we can't handle is mediocrity and treating fans like idiots and squeezing them for every dollar they own

Sure we can all handle a rebuild.  But the question is, will we support it by buying tickets to the games.  There are quite a few empty seats right now.  I personally don't think people will be buying tickets if we rebuild, and that is what matters to ownership unfortunately.

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Kool aid has obviously destroyed your brain.  Same plan since 2011

Not really you must have slept through the Sedin’s retirement forward then. 

Linden said a full rebuild wasn’t possible while the Sedin’s were here. Wake the fk up. 

• There it is 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

If a two year window where you don’t win the cup was the plan, sure it worked.

Yup.  Built a great team (from our club’s standards the best we’ve had) but sacrificed the future to accomplish that.  It’s the owner’s direction since he bought the club.  Fired Nonis for refusing to sacrifice the future to bring in Brad Richards.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Linden said a full rebuild wasn’t possible while the Sedin’s were here. Wake the fk up. 

Wasn’t Trevor forced out when he publicly used the “R” word?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Built a great team (from our club’s standards the best we’ve had) but sacrificed the future to accomplish that.  It’s the owner’s direction since he bought the club.  Fired Nonis for refusing to sacrifice the future to bring in Brad Richards.  

And until that blueprint changes don’t expect any sustained success.

We might be good enough in 5 years for another one and done run with this plan.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Still not a Stanley Cup and mostly in NHL Purgatory from there.  

Yes the cup is the end goal ,the bench mark, but  theres 30 other teams in NHL purgatory every year ,and close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Theres far better teams that come close and fail and on a consistent basis when compared to the canucks you sound very frustrated. And I can sympathize with you. Man I’m 63. And been waiting since I was 11 years old. But I’ve never taken the negative outlook like yours. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I wasn't a sleep - rather I would argue you were drunk on Kool Aid.  Both Linden & Gillis were eventually let go cause they wanted to rebuild.