The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 10 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

47 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This whole “incident” just goes to show how much of a tool Zdeno Chara is. I’ve always thought that he was a low quality life form. Never really showed much honor or respect for any opposing player. His asinine overall existence truly permeated the roster he was captain of too. 

Amazing how a winner can become such a loser. 

Georges Laraque did an interview with John Scott on his show Pound for Pound.  He talked about how Chara never wanted to fight him and avoided all of the heavyweights in the NHL.  If you look back at Chara's fights, you can see this is true.  He didn't fight the legit heavyweights, he only went after guys smaller than him.  He did end up fighting Laraque, but as Laraque explained in the interview, he "pulled the shoot", meaning he grabs Laraque's jersey and pulls Laraque down on top of him, while he's falling.  He did it twice in the same game.  John Scott also said Chara never wanted to fight him.  Chara "pulled the shoot" even with Donald Brashear.  Here are the videos as evidence of Chara "pulling the shoot" against the heavyweights.  It's actually quite funny once you know beforehand what Chara is going to do and then seeing it.  I didn't even know about this technique "pulling the shoot", until I watched that interview with Laraque.  He even "pulled the shoot" against Peter Worrell...

• Thanks 1