The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Lane Pederson

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Not a crazy idea, honestly. He could have enough offense to run it at the NHL level.

He will need to clear waivers to back. I'd say it's an utterly pointless call up if he doesn't play. Why risk waivers with your most productive AHL'er just to sit in the pressbox?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Baggins said:

He will need to clear waivers to back. I'd say it's an utterly pointless call up if he doesn't play. Why risk waivers with your most productive AHL'er just to sit in the pressbox?

Isn't there a period of time during which you can play without having to clear waivers again to go back down?

55 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Isn't there a window of a certain number of games or days that he can stay?  Otherwise, no waiver exempt player would ever get called up.

As long as he's not of the roster for more than 30 days isnt it?

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-faq

23 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

yeah nasty cold and flu going around here on the island, some of our guys at work didnt show up and my manager was rocking a mask just getting over it, hopefully i aint getting sick, been coughing a bit and congested past couple days.

Don't forget Covid!    It's running Rampant and trust me you definatly DO NOT WANT TO GET IT!     (The worst sickness you'll ever get!)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/17/2022 at 3:36 PM, stawns said:

Isn't there a window of a certain number of games or days that he can stay?  Otherwise, no waiver exempt player would ever get called up.

As long as he's not of the roster for more than 30 days isnt it?

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-faq

A 1o game exemption if called up as an "emergency" replacement. But I didn't see anything stating it was an emergency call up. 

22 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Don't forget Covid!    It's running Rampant and trust me you definatly DO NOT WANT TO GET IT!     (The worst sickness you'll ever get!)

My older brother (68) got it and said he only had a mild headache for a couple of days. His wife (3 years younger) on the other hand was in pretty rough shape though. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Baggins said:

A 1o game exemption if called up as an "emergency" replacement. But I didn't see anything stating it was an emergency call up. 

Right at the bottom

Exemptions

A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, OR has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b) (Despite the CBA reference saying 30 days AND 10 games, the rule is actually 30 days OR 10 games)

• Thanks 1