The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread

Rate this topic

TNucks1

Is Sweden shortening their bench again?!?

This is the world juniors! Roll the pairings! There’s no reason why you can’t find 5 or 6 pairs.

They did that last overtime which is why they lost. It’s like they were trying to get it to a shootout again.

Obvious to me why Sweden keeps on coming up short in these tournaments.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

oh wow....USA just won in OT ....8-7....sad to see that both EP and JL were practically non factors for team Sweden.....sigh....our draft picks .....

They got pts. 

Young guys, the coaches leaned on older kids. That's normal. 

Edited by Jaimito

6 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

oh wow....USA just won in OT ....8-7....sad to see that both EP and JL were practically non factors for team Sweden.....sigh....our draft picks .....

I thought JL looked pretty good in the first. Not sure if he disappeared or if coach stopped playing him after that.

22 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

EP was used in a critical penalty kill role and in a shutdown role all tournament.

If anything this was a coming out party for him.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

24 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

They got pts. 

Young guys, the coaches leaned on older kids. That's normal. 

That's just it!! the Nucks need players, that the coaches want to play....they don't need average....

19 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

I thought JL looked pretty good in the first. Not sure if he disappeared or if coach stopped playing him after that.

Again...why did the coach stop trusting him....

10 minutes ago, Qwags said:

This to me doesn't say much at all....I know I am a glass half empty here...and this franchise can't seem to catch a break....and not everyone can be Bedard like....but even somewhat Bedard like would be good instead of riding the pine

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

EP was used in a critical penalty kill role and in a shutdown role all tournament.

Well I guess I'm just not seeing it then....sigh...hopefully they will show something more next year

On 1/5/2023 at 2:38 PM, DeNiro said:

Who were the other D that could be available at the draft, or we could trade for like that Dallas pick Bischel?