The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday December 23 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers - 6:00pm PT/7pm MT/9:00pm ET - Rogers Place

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I don't know if it’s an ongoing wrist thing but Boeser can't even take a pass anymore,  let alone shoot the puck with any kind of danger. Very basic hockey stuff he's struggling with.

Yeah, I’m not sure if I hope it’s a physical or mental thing with him right now. Whatever’s easier to recover from I guess.

I’m a big Brock fan but he’s just sad to watch right now.  Since it’ll be hard to move him, I hope he works through it.  He’s been through a lot.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

I haven’t seen any moves, have you? Management sits on their hands until they have to make a move. See Dickinson for Stillman.. Had the whole summer to figure it out. I don’t know everything but its pretty obvious 

Youre right they haven't made a move until they made a move lol.

Must have a nice crystal ball there

Just now, IceHockeyPlayer said:

What I don’t understand is how OEL was signed for so much and how his play dropped off that much. Worst contract in history. He is slow, no hockey IQ or anticipation, shooting pucks into shin pads and countless turnovers. Burroughs should be in and sit OEL.

Burroughs should be in and Stillman out. OEL is a hell of a lot better than Stillman. 

1 minute ago, IceHockeyPlayer said:

What I don’t understand is how OEL was signed for so much and how his play dropped off that much. Worst contract in history. He is slow, no hockey IQ or anticipation, shooting pucks into shin pads and countless turnovers. Burroughs should be in and sit OEL.

He was signed at a time many players wanted to leave Phoenix and the owners made a desperate plea to get him to stay because he is such a glue guy. His contract at a time wasn't just about rewarding his hockey ability it was a pitch to keep the team intact in Phoenix.

Just now, Conscience said:

Youre right they haven't made a move until they made a move lol.

Must have a nice crystal ball there

Nothing to change the dynamics of the team. Good moves for a good team, unfortunately we have no defence. No hope no expectations