The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Dec. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol pretty sure hamilton ain't waiving his NTC to come to vancouver

So what else do they have we would need (want) that fits both the owner’s direction to keep trying to compete while also getting us much needed high end futures?  Clearly the Devils would have to add a great amount of futures to Hamilton.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

They absolutely would love the three Hughes boys for marketing.  I don’t know what they have we want?  I think they would insist we take Doogie Howser Hamilton though.  So add to him.  

They have Nemec who would be the main piece Vancouver would be asking for.

Add Holtz and a 1st or Mercer and a 2nd.

Severson and another 3 million dollar player would have to be thrown in for cap purposes.

So Nemec, Holtz, 1st round pick, Severson, Johnsson for Hughes and Schenn.

Thats the kind of mammoth offer it would take. If Chychrun is being valued at 2 first round picks, Hughes is easily worth the equivalent of 3. 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

What lol.

New Jersey would never do that, especially when Nemec alone has all the tools for being a #1

Edited by J-23

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

What lol.

New Jersey would never do that, especially when Nemec alone has all the tools for being a #1

And Hughes already is.

Not saying they would do it. That’s what it would cost them if they really wanted him though.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They have Nemec who would be the main piece Vancouver would be asking for.

Add Holtz and a 1st or Mercer and a 2nd.

Severson and another 3 million dollar player would have to be thrown in for cap purposes.

Thats the kind of mammoth offer it would take. If Chychrun is being valued at 2 first round picks, Hughes is easily worth the equivalent of 3. 

Holtz isnt what the Canucks need. He’s been very up and down in NJ.  Same with Boqvist.  They are complimentary players like Boeser.

We need more fast (and and big) play drivers

Just now, Angry Goose said:

Holtz isnt what the Canucks need. He’s been very up and down in NJ.  Same with Boqvist.  They are complimentary players like Boeser.

We need more fast (and and big) play drivers

We do need those but we also need players who can put the puck in the net.

Holtz is going to be a star. He’s only 20 years old and trying to find his way on a deep jersey team. If we could get him in a trade it could be a massive win.

Any deal with Jersey starts with Nemec though. They don’t get a point per game D man locked into his prime without giving up their best D prospect. No way that happens.

• There it is 1

We do need those but we also need players who can put the puck in the net.

Holtz is going to be a star. He’s only 20 years old and trying to find his way on a deep jersey team. If we could get him in a trade it could be a massive win.

Any deal with Jersey starts with Nemec though. They don’t get a point per game D man locked into his prime without giving up their best D prospect. No way that happens.

To get Nemec added to Hotz and + + for Hughes would we take Doogie Howser Hamilton.  

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya, maybe Nemec alone. Not Nemec, a 1st, Holtz, Severson lol.

I think the point is we don’t care what Jersey wants.  Hughes is the missing brother to their marketing dreams, and he’s locked up for the long term.  They either pay what we want or we keep him and they continue in obscurity.  The home shopping channel (likely) draws more viewers. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya, maybe Nemec alone. Not Nemec, a 1st, Holtz, Severson lol.

Severson is a healthy scratch on their team. He has no value. He’d be added for cap purposes.

Holtz is an unproven prospect that could just as well be a Kravstov or a Lias Andersson at this point. You don’t trade franchise D men for shiny lottery tickets. And a 1st would be standard in any deal like that. It will be a 20 or later for sure. So there’s not a whole lot of value there.

Nemec is the only blue chipper they’re adding in that deal. But again if you ignore his draft selection he’s not some superstar. He’s not a Doughty or a Hedman or even a Dahlin. He should be good but I’m not trading a proven young stud D for anything but a player with a high ceiling like him.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

No one in the history of hockey gets played harder and dirtier against than mcdavid.  All you have to do is watch one game to know this.   Not sure why you single mcdavid out when every single one of our players protests every call made against them too.

Well he whined his way to a call, that was never a pen, and I may be mistaken, but I don't think anyone took a pen against Petey, although he had a few love taps during the game... They will be playing McD hard because he is good, but he is a whiner...

Holtz is an unproven prospect that could just as well be a Kravstov or a Lias Andersson at this point. You don’t trade franchise D men for shiny lottery tickets. And a 1st would be standard in any deal like that. It will be a 20 or later for sure. So there’s not a whole lot of value there.

I Dawson Mercer.  His floor is quite high. Right shot, can skate well, drives the net and a great shot.  And definitely still developing.

He would well with guys like Studnicka/hoagie/Podz etc on a third line that just buzzes all over the ice

Just now, Angry Goose said:

I Dawson Mercer.  His floor is quite high. Right shot, can skate well, drives the net and a great shot.  And definitely still developing.

He would well with guys like Studnicka/hoagie/Podz etc on a third line that just buzzes all over the ice

I included him in my original proposal but I’m not sure it’s likely we’d get Nemec and Mercer. He seems to be an important part of their core.

If you could great, but I have a feeling they’re looking to add to their roster not take away any players. Only player they’re looking to dump right now is Severson. 

I included him in my original proposal but I’m not sure it’s likely we’d get Nemec and Mercer. He seems to be an important part of their core.

If you could great, but I have a feeling they’re looking to add to their roster not take away any players. Only player they’re looking to dump right now is Severson. 

Severson just got squeezed out by Marino, and he's been quiet offensively but his defensive metrics are looking sparkly. 

Would like to see if we can free up some money and take a run at him. I bet he elevates if he gets his ice time back. 

Losing Mercer would hurt, but you lose a good play driver on the front end for an elite play driver on the back.  And of course adding the final H bro is just too good a news story for that young team.  If the opportunity is there they HAVE to jump on it.

They could stomach it too imo.  Adding Hughes is such a huge add for them and how dynamic that team becomes/already is. If Im the Canucks any deal starts at Nemec, Mercer and a 1st-it has to.