The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Not what he said. 

You said nothing wrong with Millers deal and with him likening your post it could and should be moved and he agreed with it. I said there’s a lot wrong with Millers deal and it’s hard to move.  So basically the same thing. 

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Look around the league man. There are 30 year old playing and making money lol. Millers contract is fine and right were it should be. 

I don’t think it was right prioritizing Miller over Horvat but contract wise it’s a fair deal

Fair deal for a team with cap flexibility and on the cusp of contending not a team that has spent nearly a decade in the basement vying for wildcard spots. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Cap space. And lack there of. Not a lot of teams have it so trades are really, really difficult right now. If it wasn’t an issue the Canucks management group probably would have done a lot more last off-season. 

So what I don't get is, a team like Columbus spends 9.75 on Johnny Gaudreau (same age) this summer to only sit in the basement of the league and has the least goals for? 

Would they like Miller to perhaps play with Gaudreau? 

Like what I don't get is, there would have been at least 3-5 teams in on Miller had he been UFA and probably paid more than 8m x 7 years so I can't see how there wouldn't be a market for him. 

I do wonder if Allvin is being patient and holding out for a better offer? 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

You never know, Rangers looking like the are regretting not anting up for Miller right about now

lol at rangers for not wanting miller because of not wanting to trade Schneider... when will Schneider play regular top 4 R side minutes? Trouba is 28 and Fox is 24, hellllooooo maybe in 4 years he might crack the top 4 when everyone is healthy...., we can send them Schenn for this year's run.

to NYR:

Miller

Schenn

Dries 

to VAN

Chytil

Schndeider

2023 2nd

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Who the F is going to trade for Miller at this point? So many people on here clammer just trade Miller and sign Horvat as if it were that easy. That ship probably sailed in the off-season as Horvat is now much more valuable and Miller is being exposed for what he is. A big F up by management (ownership) but one they are probably going to have to eat. Trading Miller is an absolute pipe dream at this point.  

When you look at the contract and caliber of the players that fetched a 1st or more at the trade deadline in past years, you quickly realize there will always be a desperate team who overpays by a lot to get a guy with less points production then Miller. Someone will want him and pay a pretty penny too.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Fair deal for a team with cap flexibility and on the cusp of contending not a team that has spent nearly a decade in the basement vying for wildcard spots. 

So why wouldn’t another team want him then?

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

So what I don't get is, a team like Columbus spends 9.75 on Johnny Gaudreau (same age) this summer to only sit in the basement of the league and has the least goals for? 

Would they like Miller to perhaps play with Gaudreau? 

Like what I don't get is, there would have been at least 3-5 teams in on Miller had he been UFA and probably paid more than 8m x 7 years so I can't see how there wouldn't be a market for him. 

I do wonder if Allvin is being patient and holding out for a better offer? 

Columbus threw up a prayer and Gaudreau answered. No way they thought he’d actually sign with them until it became obvious the guy just wants to play hockey in a place where there’s no pressure and he can grab a coffee without being hasseled. Clearly winning isn’t everything to some players although Columbus is on a better trajectory than say Vancouver is. 

I honestly believe Allvin either A) turned down offers he was scared to lose or b) ownership ordered him to keep Miller. Either way it’s a bad look that’s going Probably hinder this team for even longer. 

• RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Pickly said:

Columbus threw up a prayer and Gaudreau answered. No way they thought he’d actually sign with them until it became obvious the guy just wants to play hockey in a place where there’s no pressure and he can grab a coffee without being hasseled. Clearly winning isn’t everything to some players although Columbus is on a better trajectory than say Vancouver is. 

I honestly believe Allvin either A) turned down offers he was scared to lose or b) ownership ordered him to keep Miller. Either way it’s a bad look that’s going Probably hinder this team for even longer. 

But that's my point. Columbus threw up a prayer and Gaudreau answered because no one wants to go to Columbus. 

Wouldn't sending Miller (signed to arguably a fair contract) who has no say in where he goes pretty much be answering another prayer for them then? 

That'd be 2 Americans they can market around who are locked in long term and they can build around them

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

But that's my point. Columbus threw up a prayer and Gaudreau answered because no one wants to go to Columbus. 

Wouldn't sending Miller (signed to arguably a fair contract) who has no say in where he goes pretty much be answering another prayer for them then? 

That'd be 2 Americans they can market around who are locked in long term and they can build around them

Okay so that’s one team you think could be interested in him because he’s an Ohio native. Same with the 4 years of Brock to Minnesota bullsh*t that’s been discussed around here. Reality is what we think and envision is far from reality and JT Miller would NOT have re signed here if he didn’t want to stay here and would have simply rode out his current deal and tested free agency. 

Just now, Devron said:

You take cap back. Maybe expiring contracts. It’s not rocket science. It’s how trade are made these days 

Trades are rare these days because of the cap. It’s not expected to go up much next season either so keep dreaming. Taking cap back means losing trades and giving up potential

assets. Cap is more valuable than anything right now. 

Just now, Pickly said:

Trades are rare these days because of the cap. It’s not expected to go up much next season either so keep dreaming. Taking cap back means losing trades and giving up potential

assets. Cap is more valuable than anything right now. 

Well no one really has it. There are few teams that do. So everyone is screwed lol

Just now, Devron said:

Well no one really has it. There are few teams that do. So everyone is screwed lol

Yeah, exactly, so stop with the just trade Miller banter because there are only a few teams that could take on his cap his next season and none of which would take him without the Canucks giving up assets or giving him away for basically nothing 

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Okay so that’s one team you think could be interested in him because he’s an Ohio native. Same with the 4 years of Brock to Minnesota bullsh*t that’s been discussed around here. Reality is what we think and envision is far from reality and JT Miller would NOT have re signed here if he didn’t want to stay here and would have simply rode out his current deal and tested free agency. 

Right but this is the year we can trade him and he actually has no say. There is no ntc or nmc. 

Colombus is just an example. 

There are other creative things that can be done. 

Underperforming teams with star players need change of scenery sometimes. Parayko for  Miller or Parayko and Tarasenko for Myers and Miller

Similar cap hits. What's funny is I've heard some ppl say no to Parayko for the same fear as OEL yet some of us were hoping he would hit free agency a couple years ago so we could go after him then. 

Parayko is also the same age as Miller yet playing a position we need. 

I just think it's a little short sighted to already have a profile of a team that would trade for Miller when there are so many different ways to skin a cat. 

• There it is 1