The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to Satiar Shah there is a video showing BB waving Delia to the bench 20 seconds before he left the net. So your argument is flawed and not at all correct. 

You missed the point..... he missed a window 20 seconds earlier but that window was closed. It's not hard to get it.

Edited by GB5

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I hope they are able to stock up on picks. It's just confusing to understand the direction this organization is heading in. They could go either way. They just need to make a choice. This squishy middle is no good.

I’m not sure if they officially stated this position; seems like it was reported as the ideal trade return we’re seeking. If it’s true, that’s a good sign post for me that they’re picking a direction. 

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Now we are looking at posters names. What grade is everyone in? I find it funny that there are people on here who think it's ok to attack people. It's hockey talk. Once personal attacks are made it just shows you were bothered by what they posted. If you really aren't bothered by what they posted you shouldn't have to respond to them by making sarcastic jokes or looking for attention or a laugh from other posters. Too many on here who think they are above others as Canucks fans. It's a free board people. I am not defending anyone by the way. I just see other posters get attacked and no matter what no one should feel the right to show disrespect to people.

Really need to work on comprehension. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

It is kind of ironic that Millers “passion” is so frowned upon. Was it right how he handled it? No. But I just find it a little funny that so many are pissed about it when a lot of us would like to see more “passion” in our Canucks. Horvat is always getting beat up around here because he’s too quiet lol. It wasn’t that long ago people were calling Miller for captain.

Remember when Pettersson sucked. And now Garland sucks after a great year last year. He’s worthless now? Right? How about Boeser? Negative trade value eh? He did have good season after his rookie year and injury you know.

Our GMs have been alot like us fans. Reactive. Proactive would be a better way going forward I would think. 

I appreciate passion but it comes across as misdirected. I'd prefer to see those frustrations taken out on the other team or the scoreboard.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

I’m not sure if they officially stated this position; seems like it was reported as the ideal trade return we’re seeking. If it’s true, that’s a good sign post for me that they’re picking a direction. 

Ya, a lot will be made clearer when/if they decide to sign/trade Bo. Trade Boeser, Garland etc.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

On a positive note, word is that management isn’t interested in trading picks, and will look to recoup next year’s 2nd. I look forward to restocking talent in a deep draft in June. As of tonight, we have a 5% chance of drafting first OA.

In the meantime, we have Petey emerging as the leagues best 5x5 player, Quinn Hughes, the return of Demko, and an interesting trade deadline to look forward to.

Channel 4 Summer GIF by George Michael

All those who start shouting about quitting these boards should just quiet down and THINK.

I will admit a younger and stupider version of myself after the Bruins/Canucks Stanley Cup finals lost his temper and announced he would never watch another NHL game and would never post on these forums again.

Well, here I am.  Sure I still not happy about what happened in those finals, but the game endures... despite idiots like Bettman.

And as another point... those who make personal attacks on other posters should also think twice... not acceptable.

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I just find it funny that people start to attack usernames, how many posts someone has made or an opinion that doesn't align with theirs. I don't think it's a cop out. It's not a conversation anymore but a tactic to not allow people to express themselves. No one should really take anything personal unless it's a personal attack against them or an attack that is inappropriate towards a person in the organization or people in general. We should all be decent Pell me still. We are all human.

I didn’t attack him for his username. 

When you name yourself Zerofaith, then constantly post negative things on a teams message board you’re opening yourself up to being called a troll. 

I did not attack him, or call him a troll myself. It was in jest. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

Personally, as impatient as I am, I will give management some time here.

It’s readily apparent they don’t see this team as a cup contender

The issue is there’s so many capped out teams it’s hard to make trades. As more of the season progresses and more cap opens up for teams because of injuries and less cap is needed for the remainder of the season for a player, the more active the trade market becomes.

When that starts I’m sure we’ll see the direction. 

If we go into the off-season  with no major changes and doubling down on this team that’s when I give up on this management group. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I didn’t attack him for his username. 

When you name yourself Zerofaith, then constantly post negative things on a teams message board you’re opening yourself up to being called a troll. 

I did not attack him, or call him a troll myself. It was in jest. 

Ok, well I am happy for you that you feel so important to call him a troll. Anyways.... 

• RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I hope they are able to stock up on picks. It's just confusing to understand the direction this organization is heading in. They could go either way. They just need to make a choice. This squishy middle is no good.

That I agree upon....

It seems to be reactionary and shifting all the time. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Tanti9 said:

Too 4 are still game changers and speed the rebuild that’s needed

Add in what we get from a Bo trade, Boeser and maybe even Miller and the team can be “re-tooled” in 2 years even without Bedard 

Would having Petterson, Hughes, Mikhayev, Kuzmenko, Podz, Demko, plus a player like Fantilli, Carlson or Michkov not be the best path forward? Plus of course the players and picks received from those trades?

And what if we do land Bedard?

And who knows, maybe if we’re top 3 Bedard pulls a Lindros and forces a trade - he wants to play here and having  a top 3 pick makes it more palatable for the other side.

It's the best path forward ..your bang on.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Here he is seconds after screaming at the third string goalie to go to the bench. The ouck is coming back the other way, Petey is in the play trying to get the puck back, Bo, bottom right, is busting his arse to catch the play and JT, top right, has the best seat in the house to watch the Jets score.

This is the story of his season..... I cannot see why anyone would defend this guy.

image.png.a76d1e0ec12c13a04c8bf73727937dd7.png

:lol:  You don’t think BO has ever done exactly what Miller is doing?  I’ve seen it several times just this year alone.  Also, Miller is completely out of the play and PLD has an open net to shoot at. Also, that is a still picture, so you aren’t showing what happened 5 seconds later. 

Miller has been a point a game player for 4 years now.  Almost broke 100 points last year while Petey and Horvat were doing nothing. At one point some fans wanted Petey to go to Abbotsford last year. You and others like to cherry pick things to make Miller look worse than he is. The fact is a lot of players on this team suck right now. And I’ve seen many players do fly bys this year including BO.

This team has sucked for over 8 years now. It’s a systemic problem that goes right up to the owners. So not sure why you and others need to single out one player almost every game. It’s almost like a cult really. Are you that pissed that Miller got his money and Horvat didn’t?  

• Cheers 2

Just now, spook007 said:

That I agree upon....

It seems to be reactionary and shifting all the time. 

Ya. I agree. I think it's hard when they are trying to continue with this idea that they can get past a rebuild by retooling. Their major problem is they have no abundance of picks or prospects to try to do what they are doing. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Devron said:

It is kind of ironic that Millers “passion” is so frowned upon. Was it right how he handled it? No. But I just find it a little funny that so many are pissed about it when a lot of us would like to see more “passion” in our Canucks. Horvat is always getting beat up around here because he’s too quiet lol. It wasn’t that long ago people were calling Miller for captain.

Remember when Pettersson sucked. And now Garland sucks after a great year last year. He’s worthless now? Right? How about Boeser? Negative trade value eh? He did have good season after his rookie year and injury you know.

Our GMs have been alot like us fans. Reactive. Proactive would be a better way going forward I would think. 

Youre right.

Also Brock is one of the most casual players I have ever seen. And I don't mean that like Bieksa talking about Tanev playing with a lit ciggy. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1