The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Fixing the one true problem.

NHL Head Office: 'The Aquilini Family'

Vancouver Canucks: -Approval for

Michael Buble to buy this team.

-His investor friend  -(Conditional) apology letter from the Aquilinis.

{If Vancouver cannot recover, rebuild, and win a Stanley Cup in four years or less; the Aquilinis have to write a hand-written five page letter on how sorry they are to all Canucks fans, current & former staff, media, and any other individuals or organizations they've hurt in their reign of terror.}

• Haha 1
  • elephant 2

4 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Michael Buble has a net worth of approx $80 million. The Canucks have an assessed value of $1.01 billion. It would probably take at least $1.25 billion to pry them away from the Aqua family.

Looks like your proposal is DOA.

That's why I said his investor friend which would really be multiple other investors and interested people that have good intentions.

I mention Buble because he's a homegrown guy that played alot of hockey in his youth and understands the game very well, he LOVES the Canucks and has skated with them in practice before, has been very successful as one of the owners of the Vancouver Giants for years. And he's a good honest man that does alot of charity work and has nothing but good intentions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Wonder if Jim Pattison can do any better?  (Then again he is balancing multiple businesses so what's one more sports team).

Jim Pattison is 94 years old.

1 minute ago, Underdog7 said:

That's why I said his investor friend which would really be multiple other investors and interested people that have good intentions.

I mention Buble because he's a homegrown guy that played alot of hockey in his youth and understands the game very well, he LOVES the Canucks and has skated with them in practice before, has been very successful as one of the owners of the Vancouver Giants for years. And he's a good honest man that does alot of charity work and has nothing but good intentions.

Who is/are these investor friends?

11 minutes ago, Devron said:

They traded Horvat. Should be a pretty good sign things are changing. 

So keeping Aquilini in charge and running the risk of another Linden back-stabbing situation, Boudreau in tears situation, trading the classiest player since the Sedins (Horvat) situation, and believing this time we're really full on rebuilding? And running the risk of being back in the same spot after another ten years of mediocrity? Give your head a shake sir. People like the Aquilinis cannot stay.

They're poison. I know people that have worked with them. They are BAD NEWS.

They are far more controlling than just meddling with hockey-operations.

They control everything down to what music is allowed to be played by the DJ at Rogers Arena. They do not care what the fans want to hear, what any staff or people think or how they feel. They care about money in their greedy buckets and winning immediately.

They do not know empathy, care,

open-mindedness, and they especially do not know hockey.

• elephant 1

18 minutes ago, Underdog7 said:

Just look at what the Seattle Kraken did with all their owners. Look at how quickly they're gaining success in every aspect. Then get back to me.

The Kraken are majority owned by Bonderman he calls the shots. The others Jassy, Bruckheimer, Tod Lieweke are just along for the financial ride.

I get it you don't like Aquaman. Join the club. But he isn't going anywhere.

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

The Kraken are majority owned by Bonderman he calls the shots. The others Jassy, Bruckheimer, Tod Lieweke are just along for the financial ride.

I get it you don't like Aquaman. Join the club. But he isn't going anywhere.

The Kraken also brought in local people like Marshawn Lynch and Macklemore who get a say in things and hold a minority share.

Local people that care about ofher people and understand sports while also having an interest in it. Just like what Michael Buble is.

Just like what Aquilini is not. The fact you don't wish to be apart of any effort to get him out is startling. We have the power to make the Aquilinis business life a nightmare until they sell the team. We can hit their pockets hard and not buy any tickets or apparel until fhe team is sold. Don't say s*** like "he's not going anywhere" and accept it. That's exactly what people like the Aquilinis want. Or you can choose to sit back with blind hope, continue putting money in their pockets, and never see a Stanley Cup in Vancouver. 

7 minutes ago, Underdog7 said:

So keeping Aquilini in charge and running the risk of another Linden back-stabbing situation, Boudreau in tears situation, trading the classiest player since the Sedins (Horvat) situation, and believing this time we're really full on rebuilding? And running the risk of being back in the same spot after another ten years of mediocrity? Give your head a shake sir. People like the Aquilinis cannot stay.

They're poison. I know people that have worked with them. They are BAD NEWS.

They are far more controlling than just meddling with hockey-operations.

They control everything down to what music is allowed to be played by the DJ at Rogers Arena. They do not care what the fans want to hear, what any staff or people think or how they feel. They care about money in their greedy buckets and winning immediately.

They do not know empathy, care,

open-mindedness, and they especially do not know hockey.

Why would he sell the team?

1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

Why would he sell the team?

He would sell the team in the scenario that so many people refuse to buy tickets until he is gone. That so many people refuse to buy any tickets, any merchandise, anything at all that puts money in their pockets (which I'm seeing more and more people talk about and do these days). Use your head and think of why he would sell the team and be apart of a movement to get him out. It's a very real possibility with enough people pushing for it. These are toxic people and more back-stabbing of Lindens and Boudreaus will continue until they're gone. No Stanley Cup will be seen in Vancouver either until they're gone. 

Well I’ve been a paying fan since 1980 and have seen everything with this team, not sure why I would stop now. You must not be a hockey fan. It’s in me… I have to go see a hockey game, it’s not about winning or losing… it’s about hockey. I go tosee the opposition teams as well, I have flown over this continent to see hockey in different arenas all over. I’m sorry you’re not a fan :( it’s a great game!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Underdog7 said:

The Kraken also brought in local people like Marshawn Lynch and Macklemore who get a say in things and hold a minority share.

Local people that care about ofher people and understand sports while also having an interest in it. Just like what Michael Buble is.

Just like what Aquilini is not. The fact you don't wish to be apart of any effort to get him out is startling. We have the power to make the Aquilinis business life a nightmare until they sell the team. We can hit their pockets hard and not buy any tickets or apparel until fhe team is sold. Don't say s*** like "he's not going anywhere" and accept it. That's exactly what people like the Aquilinis want. Or you can choose to sit back with blind hope, continue putting money in their pockets, and never see a Stanley Cup in Vancouver. 

Lynch and Macklemore each hold less than 1%. They have no say in anything. They are there for promotional purposes and to provide a distraction for the real owner. Lynch isn't even local he's from Oakland. If they wanted a real Seattle sports celebrity why not hit up Griffey Jr, Edgar Martinez, Gary Payton or Steve Largent?

Are you really 'startled' that I don't find your plan viable? Can I ask how much you spend on the Canucks per year? Tickets, merch, concessions etc?

On 2/12/2023 at 11:06 PM, Westcoasting said:

Well I’ve been a paying fan since 1980 and have seen everything with this team, not sure why I would stop now. You must not be a hockey fan. It’s in me… I have to go see a hockey game, it’s not about winning or losing… it’s about hockey. I go tosee the opposition teams as well, I have flown over this continent to see hockey in different arenas all over. I’m sorry you’re not a fan :( it’s a great game!

Actually I've been playing since I could walk, played up to Junior A, I currently scout for hockey schools and Junior B to Junior A teams, and I'm going to study Sports Management. My family was also one of the groups that built Rogers Arena. I care alot. You are severely missing the difference between still rooting for your team and watching games on TV, or supporting a horrible ownership group financially.

And you still willing to buy Canucks tickets is part of the problem. Honestly pretty irritating to hear. Either suck it up and stop supporting an owner who abuses his children, is toxic to employees, and has ZERO CARE that you see a succesful hockey team for financially supporting him. Either suck it up or never see a Stanley Cup parade in Vancouver and continue to allow people like Linden to be back-stabbed and people like Boudreau to be dragged around like a used cloth.

Your choice pal. Do the right thing.

Edited by Underdog7
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2023 at 11:12 PM, nuckin_futz said:

Lynch and Macklemore each hold less than 1%. They have no say in anything. They are there for promotional purposes and to provide a distraction for the real owner. Lynch isn't even local he's from Oakland. If they wanted a real Seattle sports celebrity why not hit up Griffey Jr, Edgar Martinez, Gary Payton or Steve Largent?

Are you really 'startled' that I don't find your plan viable? Can I ask how much you spend on the Canucks per year? Tickets, merch, concessions etc?

How much do I spend? I'll tell you how much I've spent on them in the last five years...

ZERO DOLLARS. The plan will not be viable if people like you continue to skip along down to the arena and blindly hand money to a toxic owner.. all for no Stanley Cups, mistreated coaches like Boudreau, and 20th overall draft picks. But.. you do you. Be a blind sheep and support Aquilini. Cheers.

Edited by Underdog7
  • Haha 1