The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (19-25) 2023

Rate this topic

36 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Gillis built??? BUILT??? He didnt build sh*t except a talent defecit. Thats all he built was a hole in the prospect pipeline.

didnt draft, develop or acquire: Henrik, Daniel, Kesler, Bieksa, Luongo, Edler, Hansen, Raymond, Burrows. You know only like half the team and the BIGGEST PIECES. My god man, you must be Gillis trying to spread good words about the things he “did” that he actually didnt do like build the biggest part of the team the main pieces outside Hammer and Erhoff, he didnt really do much else, aside from destroying those Teams he “built himself” in under 5 years.

Riddle me this. How does a guy who “built” such memorable teams, who dominated so heavily… NOT GET ANOTHER SHOT AT AN NHL GM JOB???!!

20 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

And we just need to get back to our Martin and Delia tandem, Silovs and Demko will probably ruin our draft position stealing games.

How is Silovs and Demko a good watermark for us? we had Luongo and it wasnt good enough. 

2 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

first, we are not going to get Bedard. 

Not as a draft.

Second, when we gave horvat to NYI we should have gotten Cory Schneider rights back from NYI as well.

I think Cory was a king richard. now, we see everything go in the net. Luongo didnt impress me and he is an all star, inducted to hall of fame. Cory just needed us to believe. AND he only played like a king in vancouver.

Cory’s career has been on a downward spiral ever since Ryan Kesler stole his mojo back in the day.

Mind you he’s putting up decent numbers in the AHL this year. 21 games 2.65 goals against and .919 save %. His best numbers in years, but it is the AHL.

Cory is 36, so there’s not too much gas left in the tank. 

The longer this pony show goes on, the more I believe that we can land in the top 5 draft pick. It's actually incredible that with 26 games left we're in this position! 

We need to lose a lot in the next 10 games before we hit the easy ones. We have tons of Anaheim, Arizona, and Chicago games left. We've been crushing them. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Other posters have suggested Lou Lam has a choice to give us the pick this year even if it’s in the top 12. So if it’s 10 we might still get it. 

It's possible!

I think he'd rather try betting on himself for next year though, and hopefully it bites him in the ass. Celebrini welcome to Vancouver!

Imagine Bedard and Celebrini... Two Vancouver boys.

• Like 2