The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | February (19-25) 2023

Rate this topic

Lol, Stutzle should be grateful he wasn't thrown out of the game for that nasty hit. Also, the way that idiot wears his visor, he should receive an illegal equipment penalty every time he steps onto the ice.

Edited by Rubik

I'm actually a bit concerned about the Blues, without Tarasenko and ROR they've taken a hit in terms of being competitive and they're not that far above us in the standings 

Gotta wonder if they'll sell more too

The Sens winning is good, but man, those Blues.. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'm actually a bit concerned about the Blues, without Tarasenko and ROR they've taken a hit in terms of being competitive and they're not that far above us in the standings 

Gotta wonder if they'll sell more too

The Sens winning is good, but man, those Blues.. 

Greiss just had a really bad game.

They’re probably just in shock from the trades still. They still have Kyrou, Schenn, Thomas, Buchnevich, and Saad. Plus a decent D core. There’s enough there to win still.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Greiss just had a really bad game.

They’re probably just in shock from the trades still. They still have Kyrou, Schenn, Thomas, Buchnevich, and Saad. Plus a decent D core. There’s enough there to win still.

I'm hoping so, but I'm honestly a bit cagey about the teams directly above us in the standings

We do unfortunately have the firepower for meaningless wins that could disrupt the tank and Monreal, Philly, and St. Louis are all jockeying to be top 5 or 6 as well 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I'm hoping so, but I'm honestly a bit cagey about the teams directly above us in the standings

We do unfortunately have the firepower for meaningless wins that could disrupt the tank and Monreal, Philly, and St. Louis are all jockeying to be top 5 or 6 as well 

We have been framed in to finish bottom 9. Almost no way that we make up 10 points on Ottawa with 26 games left.  

Now I'm really worried about Montreal, Philly... St Louis not so much as they still have their defense and goaltending. 

We just need to start selling soon and let Martin and Delia keep on doing what they've been doing. 

Send Silovs back down to AHL. 

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

We have been framed in to finish bottom 9. Almost no way that we make up 10 points on Ottawa with 26 games left.  

Now I'm really worried about Montreal, Philly... St Louis not so much as they still have their defense and goaltending. 

We just need to start selling soon and let Martin and Delia keep on doing what they've been doing. 

Just a hunch, maybe we're showcasing Silovs 

9 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm really curious as to what they're doing with Silovs, he had a good thing going in Abbotsford. I understand wanting to get a look at what they've got but how long are they going to take? 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'm really curious as to what they're doing with Silovs, he had a good thing going in Abbotsford. I understand wanting to get a look at what they've got but how long are they going to take? 

@AlwaysACanuckFan I really have a hard time believing that the management wants to trade Silovs.  

Maybe they are trying to decide if they wanna roll the dice on Silovs as backup for next year? That also seems unlikely given Demko's injury history 

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

@AlwaysACanuckFan I really have a hard time believing that the management wants to trade Silovs.  

Maybe they are trying to decide if they wanna roll the dice on Silovs as backup for next year? That also seems unlikely given Demko's injury history 

Martin didn't work out as backup, mind you Demko was playing injured and really set the team up to fail, goalie wise. It's too bad Halak *^it the bed last season.