The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Luke Schenn to Maple Leafs for 2023 3rd-round pick

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Gonna be interesting when other teams take liberties on Hughes and Petey.  No idea who is gonna stand up for them now.

Joshua, Miller, Burroughs. Not many left, but these 3 will throwdown. Lazar when he comes back as well. 

Edited by Doxm
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

for a pick that will not even likely make the NHL. Toronto will win soon

Vancouver will not win.

And you know this how ?

We now have 2rds and 2 4ths.

That gives us a great chance of drafting that shutdown right hand D or possible 3rd line centre.

I posted a link to a RHD that I believe fits the bill perfectly with development. 

There is a good chance he comes back home after this season. 

Be positive, not negative.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Schenn is who we could afford... We should have given Myers and/or OEL for a 7th

Well I don’t disagree but we get a third and possibly hopefully we resign him in the summer. 
Hopefully we get rid of Myers soon 

OEL is a remnant of  a terrible Gm and will be next to impossible to get rid of. 

27 minutes ago, kingfreako said:

I hate when people say that a late third rounder is essentially a fourth rounder. LOL what? I mean it literally isn't. 3 is not 4. That's how numbers work.

I have checked out over a Dozen 7 round mock draft's. 

They all have players in different positions/ rounds from the second onwards.

They really differ from the 3rd to 4th rounds onwards.

Bottom line is that the more picks you have the better chance you have of drafting a player that can contribute to our team.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

And you know this how ?

We now have 2rds and 2 4ths.

That gives us a great chance of drafting that shutdown right hand D or possible 3rd line centre.

I posted a link to a RHD that I believe fits the bill perfectly with development. 

There is a good chance he comes back home after this season. 

Be positive, not negative.

We needed Schenn for development. More than half prospects will not make the NHL. will Schenn come back after we made him move when his kid is born? Um. No

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I wanted a 2nd or a young player. I think that was reasonable based on the feeding frenzy of the last couple days.

That being said I think that there could be some truth that they left it in Schenn’s hands with where he wanted to go. Might have taken less to keep him happy.

If that's the case, makes you wonder which other teams were on his list and offers were 

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

We needed Schenn for development. More than half prospects will not make the NHL. will Schenn come back after we made him move when his kid is born? Um. No

Again you know this how ? 

Do you have information we are not privy to ?

1 minute ago, fivethej said:

It took that long to trade Schenn and that's the best they could do. What was the point of trading him when he actually wanted to be here. Can't wait to see how badly they gave away Boeser and or Miller :rolleyes::picard:

you are absolutly right.other teams saw Schenn this year.  except with Boeser no other teams have seen what he can do, we remember year one year two. JT can go, we gotta keep Brock.

B

21 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Gonna be interesting when other teams take liberties on Hughes and Petey.  No idea who is gonna stand up for them now.

Themselves. That’s what Tocchet preaches.
We will have toughness to balance and account for the obvious, but the plan I think is to have a roster where each player is capable of at very least standing up for themselves and the crest of the jersey.

QH and EP have matured and are now men in a physically combative and aggressive sport. A little fire to their game (as we’ve already seen with EP) wouldn’t hurt. If I’m Tocchet, I’m more than happy to accept and try to kill off any penalty where EP or QH retaliated for a liberty or act of disrespect taken against them. Hate to say it but that moment of Sedin head punchbaggery at the hands of BOS defined this club for some time, imho. We’re long overdue for some more piss and vinegar please. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Themselves. That’s what Tocchet preaches.
We will have toughness to balance and account for the obvious, but the plan I think is to have a roster where each player is capable of at very least standing up for themselves and the crest of the jersey.

QH and EP have matured and are now men in a physically combative and aggressive sport. A little fire to their game (as we’ve already seen with EP) wouldn’t hurt. If I’m Tocchet, I’m more than happy to accept and try to kill off any penalty where EP or QH retaliated for a liberty or act of disrespect taken against them. Hate to say it but that moment of Sedin head punchbaggery at the hands of BOS defined this club for some time, imho. We’re long overdue for some more piss and vinegar please. 

How do you propose we can afford Hughes and Petey? and Koz, Mik, Hogs, did you see that Podz move for the goal? We got the youth and skill. We need cap to keep them.

45 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I don't see what the big hurry was to unload Schenn today if he only fetched a 3rd (still fair) but I would have waited up until even TDL to see if something better came along..and if nothing, You'd still get at least a 3rd and if not, Just re-sign him.

yep. exactly. so something is rigged, because you know the management is at least smarter than us.

11 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

seems I just have common sense

How do you know what Luke wants ?

Maybe he wants a shot at winning another cup, and then coming back home to live in one of the cities that is consistently voted as one of the best in the world to live in.

Just now, Ilunga said:

How do you know what Luke wants ?

Maybe he wants a shot at winning another cup, and then coming back home to live in one of the cities that is consistently voted as one of the best in the world to live in.

If you think Luke had a choice in this than you dont live in vancouver