The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A season ticket holder's letter to Jim Rutherford

Rate this topic

fanfor42

5 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I mean...I'm totally happy to keep Boeser if he gives 5% more and takes a bit of a paycut next contract.  He's basically the modern day Jim Sandlak in that we just expected too much of him after a good rookie year but he's certainly a decent asset for the team.

Yes but do far we have many forwards and his time here is done 

He would do better with a new start.

We need a 3c more then him so time to go.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 420Fish said:

Yes. For someone mature enough to have watched for 50 years, this comes across as a smart ass 13 year old.

Not to mention it's just a meaningless statement. A fan who has followed the team for decades will obviously have witnessed more of the franchise's history than any management team.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Yes but do far we have many forwards and his time here is done 

He would do better with a new start.

We need a 3c more then him so time to go.

this is so dumb, we have centres all day long. you wont get a BB for cheaper. Not even a first round centre draft is worth more than Brock

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

dream team is quite a stretch. 

accolades are one thing but that's their trophy case. doesn't necessarily mean it translates to another team. \

Benning had a cup ring too and was "renowned" for his scouting. 

The first half of their arrival i would argue was one of the most dismal since the keenan years. 

but after the bo trade, signing young free agents, acquiring hronek...etc. now they seem to have gotten their feet rolling. They'd finally put action into some of their words. 

I am also willing to believe in this group. We'll see what happens.

Yea. I agree the post BoHo move was when the ball started rolling. Top me there most dismal "JB" type move was the Stillman for Dickenson and a 2nd. I didn't get the reason for giving up our 2nd but, oh well. We got Bloom for Stillman outta the deal. So we got some cap relief by ridding ourselves of those two. I guess that's a positive. Anywho.......

We've amassed a sh#t ton of young forward depth for next to nothing.  And shored up our RD with Hroneck and Bear. Management I'm sure are  brainstorming regarding OEL and Chaos Giraffe. Not a great situation to have.   

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Such a refreshing perspective. I'll take optimism over pessimism any day. My view is that if the team isn't meeting your expectations, maybe you need to adjust them. We all want a Stanley Cup but to win even one is a monumental task requiring a mixture of correct personnel decisions, a sound team structure, good coaching, good forward momentum and a healthy dose of sheer good luck. Then all the stars need to align in celestial harmony. I have full confidence in the current management group to do whatever is within their control to build a winner. And I am here for it.

Pretty much this. It really does come down to sheer luck. But also the willingness to exact change. Nnot for the sake of it, but for reasons of taking chances and moving forward. Current management has shown that there willing to do just that and so far it seems to be playing off.

Re-tool?????? Yea. There's no denying that was the intention all along. Thus far it appears to be working. I am truly excited for what's to come for our Canucks next season!

Go, re-tooled Canucks,  Go!!!

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

dream team is quite a stretch. 

accolades are one thing but that's their trophy case. doesn't necessarily mean it translates to another team. \

Benning had a cup ring too and was "renowned" for his scouting. 

The first half of their arrival i would argue was one of the most dismal since the keenan years. 

but after the bo trade, signing young free agents, acquiring hronek...etc. now they seem to have gotten their feet rolling. They'd finally put action into some of their words. 

I am also willing to believe in this group. We'll see what happens.

Yea. I agree the post BoHo move was when the ball started rolling. Top me there most dismal "JB" type move was the Stillman for Dickenson and a 2nd. I didn't get the reason for giving up our 2nd but, oh well. We got Bloom for Stillman outta the deal. So we got some cap relief by ridding ourselves of those two. I guess that's a positive. Anywho.......

We've amassed a sh#t ton of young forward depth for next to nothing.  And shored up our RD with Hroneck and Bear. Management I'm sure are  brainstorming regarding OEL and Chaos Giraffe. Not a great situation to have.   

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Such a refreshing perspective. I'll take optimism over pessimism any day. My view is that if the team isn't meeting your expectations, maybe you need to adjust them. We all want a Stanley Cup but to win even one is a monumental task requiring a mixture of correct personnel decisions, a sound team structure, good coaching, good forward momentum and a healthy dose of sheer good luck. Then all the stars need to align in celestial harmony. I have full confidence in the current management group to do whatever is within their control to build a winner. And I am here for it.

Pretty much this. It really does come down to sheer luck. But also the willingness to exact change. Nnot for the sake of it, but for reasons of taking chances and moving forward. Current management has shown that there willing to do just that and so far it seems to be playing off.

Re-tool?????? Yea. There's no denying that was the intention all along. Thus far it appears to be working. I am truly excited for what's to come for our Canucks next season!

Go, re-tooled Canucks,  Go!!!

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

We will buyout OEL, trade Myers after his bonus, and fully dumperoo Garland. That’s 17 million cleared off the cap for next season. Lots of room to improve the club. 

OEL buyout is not happening this offseason. At all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

The best position for OEL is the press box with a bag of popcorn

He was our best overall defenseman last season, he started this season with a fractured foot which led to his ankle injury this season

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Seems like some fans have PTBD. 

It's super unfair that JR is really absorbing all the pent up frustration that Benning put this fanbase through. But Canucks fans are also hungry for any semblance of hope. Here's hoping this group can win back that goodwill that Aqua and JB squandered

43 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Let me guess your either his agent or his brother :rolleyes:

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/ekman-larsson-and-myers-have-filled-the-shutdown-gap-for-the-canucks-4728587

Healthy OEL is fine, this year he was never healthy and struggled before further injury and it is statistically backed up. 

45 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/ekman-larsson-and-myers-have-filled-the-shutdown-gap-for-the-canucks-4728587

Healthy OEL is fine, this year he was never healthy and struggled before further injury and it is statistically backed up. 

That article was posted 4 months after the trade to Vcr. Unless you haven't noticed this is now April 2023. The artcle was written Nov 5th  2021

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

That article was posted 4 months after the trade to Vcr. Unless you haven't noticed this is now April 2023. The artcle was written Nov 5th  2021

I’m aware, not sure why this is hard to follow. So I’ll make it easier for you I guess; LAST YEAR WHEN HEALTHY HE WAS GREAT AS THAT ARTICLE I POSTED SHOWS. 

This year, he was never fully healthy and his play suffered. 

This shouldn’t be that hard to follow. 

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

We will buyout OEL, trade Myers after his bonus, and fully dumperoo Garland. That’s 17 million cleared off the cap for next season. Lots of room to improve the club. 

Do you undsrstand what a buyout if OEL entails?  You think cashstrapped aqualinis who are drowning in debt can afford to buy out OEL?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’m aware, not sure why this is hard to follow. So I’ll make it easier for you I guess; LAST YEAR WHEN HEALTHY HE WAS GREAT AS THAT ARTICLE I POSTED SHOWS. 

This year, he was never fully healthy and his play suffered. 

This shouldn’t be that hard to follow. 

He was a different player when he signed, it's now history. But even then, there was so much speculation from fans who should have known better (espically JB) that some once awayfrom Arizona he would miraculousy retrun to his past quality days. It never happened and common sense tells you it would never happen, unless of course you have some sort of time machine or pixie dust. His play will not improve, not too early standards. This is aging in full view. When you get to that age maybe then you'll understand

35 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

He was a different player when he signed, it's now history. But even then, there was so much speculation from fans who should have known better (espically JB) that some once awayfrom Arizona he would miraculousy retrun to his past quality days. It never happened and common sense tells you it would never happen, unless of course you have some sort of time machine or pixie dust. His play will not improve, not too early standards. This is aging in full view. When you get to that age maybe then you'll understand

I'm older than OEL so wrong there too :lol: