The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADSF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) | Maple Leafs win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, canuckwings said:

I watch his podcasts when he talks about non leaf stuff (okay it's a bit entertaining when he meltsdown after another game 7 leafs loss)

I wish we have a Steve Dangle for Canucks. We do have the hockey guy but he's too neutral and rational sometimes which can be good or bad.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Only when Leafs lose. Sometimes his fan goes into the background and he's very rational about the team. But it's fantastic (and slightly worrying) when he blows a gasket.

When fans want him to wear a blood pressure monitor that's not really a good thing.

Dangle losing his mind is kind of his thing and he knows it.  He rages as hard as he does because Toronto has consistently been a good team that seems to choke in the playoffs.  I do wish Vancouver had a more energetic fan like him.  I think even Calgary and Edmonton have guys like him on YouTube.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

are they calling that boarding?

2:00 minor for roughing is what I heard which makes it an absolute bullshit call. He had the puck and it was just a hit.

Edited by JoshuaGuy
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

You started that trend :bigblush: You bombed all my posts 

Because you’re legimately saying wat worthy stuff like the LA goal shouldn’t count cause you think it hit the Kings stick. And claiming Vasilevsky is getting by on luck. :lol:

1 minute ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The ref 5 feet away should've absolutely called that.  And the ref from centre ice should be telling the other guy to wake up.  That is a penalty any day of the year.

I don't like players turning to face the boards and not protecting themselves. It's chicken shit and someone's going to f**king die. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The ref 5 feet away should've absolutely called that.  And the ref from centre ice should be telling the other guy to wake up.  That is a penalty any day of the year.

He turned after Maroon committed, dangerous position to put himself in and Gio should know better than that. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

I don't like players turning to face the boards and not protecting themselves. It's chicken shit and someone's going to f**king die. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He turned after Maroon committed, dangerous position to put himself in and Gio should know better than that. 

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Skating, Rink, Ice Hockey, Head, Ice Hockey Stick, Face

What is a player here supposed to do to protect themselves?  It's against the half boards and he's going straight to the puck.

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

That's what I saw. It was a deliberate attempt to draw the penalty, whether some want to see it that way or not. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1