The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday April 6 2023 - Vancouver Canucks v Chicago Blackhawks- 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

And he would be in the Hockey Hall Of Very Good, but shouldn’t be in the HHOF. He was a very good player, but not a star IMO. Kane was the star in Chicago.

Had to double check his stats after you posted that but yeah - you might be on to something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

And he would be in the Hockey Hall Of Very Good, but shouldn’t be in the HHOF. He was a very good player, but not a star IMO. Kane was the star in Chicago.

He's a HHOFer. Conn Smythe winner, 3x champ (as captain), Olympic gold medalists, a legit 1C his entire prime & a big time player on every important stage. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1

I've harped on Boeser for years for not moving his feet, this game, he is having a motor like I haven't seen before. 

Boeser is a good skater, he just doesn't keep his feet moving majority of the time. He looks much better skating wise tonight and the past few weeks

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

As much as Toews deserves to be hated by Van fans, there is no question he is a Star, and a great player.

3 Cups, key roles in 2010 Olympic victory, and lots of other accomplishments...

Yes he is vocal... like JT... that's because he cares

Doubt many Canucks fans hate on Toews they way we hated on Duncan Keith.

Keith just couldn’t control his temper or  worst impulses for whatever reason & often used his stick or a stray cheap-shottin’ elbow to enact some imagined vengeance or display his goonery.

I cannot respect a player off-the-ice who  won’t respect his union bros or fellow human beings on the ice. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

He's a HHOFer. Conn Smythe winner, 3x champ (as captain), Olympic gold medalists, a legit 1C his entire prime & a big time player on every important stage. 

I’m not denying his accomplishments, but look at his stats. They aren’t HOF worthy. Duncan Keith was a bigger star than him and I hate him just as much.

• Cheers 1