The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Apr. 10, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Definitely agree with this. We need some sandpaper, or dare I say........truculence! Out of Boeser, Garland, and Beauvillier - 2 need to go. The strongest case probably favours keeping Beauvilier imo. The two that leave should be replaced with some grit. Though I don't think Bjugstad is the answer - he is awfully slow which is not a good attribute to have when in a primarily defensive role. It would kind of be like have Tyler Myers play center.

IMO Myers will, and should, play out his final year here. We may even get a contract year bump from him which would be great for the Canucks hoping to make playoffs next year. Hopefully Hronek is healthy because I think he will be a great addition to our D, but as you say, we need some bruising defensive D to compliment him and Hughes.

Myers, Boeser and Garland get moved without retention and for picks ... and ...

1953S GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Definitely agree with this. We need some sandpaper, or dare I say........truculence! Out of Boeser, Garland, and Beauvillier - 2 need to go. The strongest case probably favours keeping Beauvilier imo. The two that leave should be replaced with some grit. Though I don't think Bjugstad is the answer - he is awfully slow which is not a good attribute to have when in a primarily defensive role. It would kind of be like have Tyler Myers play center.

IMO Myers will, and should, play out his final year here. We may even get a contract year bump from him which would be great for the Canucks hoping to make playoffs next year. Hopefully Hronek is healthy because I think he will be a great addition to our D, but as you say, we need some bruising defensive D to compliment him and Hughes.

Gavrikov looked great against us.  Man if we could get him and pair him up with Hronek, that's your top shutdown pair right there.  Could also add a bit of offense too.  I like Boeser but he's too slow.  This team needs to get quicker if they want to compete.  I really like what Tocchett is doing but he needs to be careful not to be too much of a hard ass like Sutter or Torts.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, tan said:

exactly, we were playing good against those lower teams in the last 2 month. but a long way to go to match those playoff team.

it proves again, we are GOOD playing the lowly teams