The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trading our 2024 1st round pick + Bottom 6 revamp

To Winnipeg: 2024 lottery protected 1st

To Vancouver: Samberg, Barron, Gawanke

Hughes/Juulsen
Samberg/Hronek

OEL/Gawanke

We get our top 4 defensive defenseman who is 25 and a 6’4 200+ lbs 3rd C who is 24. Gawanke is a 23 y/o RHD that could potentially make the NHL next year.

To Anaheim: Garland, 2023 3rd round pick

To Vancouver: Max Jones, Silfverberg 

Silfverberg 1 more year at $5M. 

To Arizona: Brock Boeser (1.5M retained)

To Vancouver: 2023 3rd round pick, 2025 2nd round pick

Yotes need some veteran experience scoring Depth on the wing and he fills that. 

Hoglander/Pettersson/Kuzmenko

Beauvillier/Miller/Mikheyev
Jones/Barron/Silfverberg

Joshua/Aman/Podkolzin

Di Giuseppe

Edited by Odd.

I'd rather let one of our farmhand LD's try for the 3rd spot instead of trading another 1st to get a candidate.  I'm also not sold that Barron is a cut above (pun very much intended, sorry not sorry) other 3rd C candidates, since he only took 29 draws all season and won around 46% as a winger.  

I'm against dumping Boeser at this point, I think there's more to him given how he overcame his personal issues with his dad.  Also not interesting in getting more wingers when we've got to figure out which ELC kids should be playing as it is.  

I do think we will trade next years first for cap space, that isn’t the deal. 
Arizona isn’t taking a $5M contract period, full stop.  They may be willing to take cap space if it comes with pics and little actual payout. (No not Myers unless he chooses to go)

Toronto set the price to get rid of a cap hit like Myers a couple years ago, a first rounder.  Thanks Dubas. 

Edited by DrJockitch

the only think this years UFA class has is a ton of middle 6 Cs

Rodrigues

Compher

Kampf

ROR

Acciari

Barbashev

Bluegger

I think Rodrigues will best fit - given how much he will cost, PIT connection, his role as more more of a shutdown player, he was playing 20 mina night for COL

if we manage to clear a lot of cap, I would go hard after Compher, I bet he will want in the mid to high 4s x 5 yrs

.... and how could I forget ... Eric Haula NJD 3C and Kerfoot who is a more C/W middle mixer but all on this list are better than what we have 

Edited by Canucks Curse
adding names

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I do think we will trade next years first for cap space, that isn’t the deal. 
Arizona isn’t taking a $5M contract period, full stop.  They may be willing to take cap space if it comes with pics and little actual payout. (No not Myers unless he chooses to go)

Toronto set the price to get rid of a cap hit like Myers a couple years ago, a first rounder.  Thanks Dubas. 

Certainly not for a one dimensional player like Boeser.  We'd be lucky to get just ONE mid-round pick.  Getting two 2nd's is dreaming imho.

53 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Certainly not for a one dimensional player like Boeser.  We'd be lucky to get just ONE mid-round pick.  Getting two 2nd's is dreaming imho.

I think most likely return for a few of the wingers that should be traded is just cap space or maybe a different underperforming player at a position we need more help in. 

• Cheers 1