The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Freidman Suggests Jets Not Rebuilding, Want Players For Players

Every report I've seen says Dubois is going to Montreal first chance he gets, so I don't see a fit. That being said, I'd do Dubois for Miller in a heartbeat. Miller is the better player today, and will likely be the better player for a mother couple years. But I believe Miller will be in the decline when this core hits is cup window, while Dubois will likely be at his peak. Gotta think big picture if we want a cup.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Every report I've seen says Dubois is going to Montreal first chance he gets, so I don't see a fit. That being said, I'd do Dubois for Miller in a heartbeat. Miller is the better player today, and will likely be the better player for a mother couple years. But I believe Miller will be in the decline when this core hits is cup window, while Dubois will likely be at his peak. Gotta think big picture if we want a cup.

But we wouldn’t have Dubois at his peak when the Canucks are a contender because he will bolt when he becomes a free agent.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, stawns said:

I'd do miller for pld as they could try to resign him and if they can't, they move him at the tdl for a good haul.  It actually makes a lot of sense

Except the Canucks have a long history of letting such players walk. 

I love Luke Schenn, but he is no PLD. 

56 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

But we wouldn’t have Dubois at his peak when the Canucks are a contender because he will bolt when he becomes a free agent.

Guess I didn't make that clear enough. That's why I mentioned the Montreal thing. I'd only make the trade it's deal was in place that wouldn't allow him run to Montreal.

• Cheers 1

On 6/4/2023 at 6:34 PM, Diamonds said:

Scheifele for Miller one-for-one? Similar caliber players which would give Winnipeg a replacement and get us out of Miller's long contract. Canucks then sell Scheifele at the deadline for a king's ransom (if he won't re-sign for a shorter term).

Not sure I would actually do this, but would be an interesting shake-up for both teams. 

No

3 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

No

3 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

so then you deal him for a mint.  They'd be buying his value........either as a player on the team or for the return he'd bring.

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Guess I didn't make that clear enough. That's why I mentioned the Montreal thing. I'd only make the trade it's deal was in place that wouldn't allow him run to Montreal.

what difference does tht make?  You get a year to try and convince him this is the best spot for him and if he doesn't wnt to re-sign in Van, you get a huge haul for him.

I doubt the Jets do that deal straight up anyway

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

what difference does tht make?  You get a year to try and convince him this is the best spot for him and if he doesn't wnt to re-sign in Van, you get a huge haul for him.

I doubt the Jets do that deal straight up anyway

Do you though? Could have a terrible year, could be injured at the deadline. To many variables. I'd rather trade Miller straight for futures, or players. Not a middle man.

9 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Do you though? Could have a terrible year, could be injured at the deadline. To many variables. I'd rather trade Miller straight for futures, or players. Not a middle man.

PLD has been pretty consistent in his career, especially the last few years, I doubt his play would fall off........especially with the gifted offensive players Van has in their lineup.  IMO, they'd get more for PLD than they owuld for Miller, which also why i think the Jets wouldn't do a Miller for PLD trade.

I also can't see Miller happy in Winnipeg

Lol PlD have pretty much been a me first type of guy putting himself above the team he will request out the moment things go south. Didn’t his agent or something leaked out he would love to play for Montreal last season and he showed up at the draft expecting to be traded to Montreal? Contract means nothing to players nowadays. They’ll cry pout and whine their way out of a city if they have to

19 hours ago, stawns said:

so then you deal him for a mint.  They'd be buying his value........either as a player on the team or for the return he'd bring.

That would be beyond stupid imo, let him go to Montreal. 

19 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Trading Miller for a rental Dubois is beyond stupid. Not happening. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

That would be beyond stupid imo, let him go to Montreal. 

Why?  If they can re-sign him, he's the exact kind of player they need.  If not, deal him at the deadline for a good haul.  

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why?  If they can re-sign him, he's the exact kind of player they need.  If not, deal him at the deadline for a good haul.  

He won't get that good of a haul with only one destination, we'd be trading down twice for a player who doesn't want to be here. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

He won't get that good of a haul with only one destination, we'd be trading down twice for a player who doesn't want to be here. 

There's no concrete evidence he's Montreal or bust.