The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Zach Sawchenko

9 minutes ago, Podkolzins Snipe said:

We absolutely can't have Martin over Silovs next season his extremely weak goaltending could end up costing the team a playoff spot.

I think Silvos would come up for a short  and  long term injury situation to Demko .

But if and when he shows well to carry for a stretch now..   I think there’s movement.

If Silvos grabs does a hold, it will be hard to deny him of the # 1 next season.

(24-25)

Edited by SilentSam
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think Silvos would come up for a short  and  long term injury situation to Demko .

But if and when he shows well to carry for a stretch now..   I think there’s movement.

If Silvos grabs does a hold, it will be hard to deny him of the # 1 next season.

(24-25)

Totally, let Martin ride the pine and play every 5th game. Have silovs get his reps in the A, if demko gets hurt he leaps Martin.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

I won’t mind it one way or another but I hope Martin starts the year as backup and if he kan keep it together as a backup, I’d definitely give Silovs another full year in the AHL. 
I still think Spencer was put in a too big of a position to handle. The workload was too heavy. I feel like he could be a solid number 2 still.

oh, and the signing. Never heard this name before or haven’t paid attention at least - so let me google a bit here…

Found this..

seems to be calm wick and contained in his crease.

dosent really track to far out of the crease, but if he does it’s just to keep his movement/edges active.

great reflexes ,.  Follows the puck well.

Great grab.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

I won’t mind it one way or another but I hope Martin starts the year as backup and if he kan keep it together as a backup, I’d definitely give Silovs another full year in the AHL. 
I still think Spencer was put in a too big of a position to handle. The workload was too heavy. I feel like he could be a solid number 2 still.

oh, and the signing. Never heard this name before or haven’t paid attention at least - so let me google a bit here…

Honestly, as a backup, Martin is reliable. He only faltered when having to be the number one goalie after Demko got hurt and even at the start of that, he kept the Canucks in games.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

That gives me an idea for a new Keanu Reeves movie: John Quick

1 minute ago, Spoosh said:

A spin-off series on Amazon Prime?

Jim Carrey as John Twitch , make a comedy out of it 

• There it is 1