The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Holy Grail (Game Over - SK Wins!)

Rate this topic

Blue Jay 22

I'm about to head out for work and won't be able to check in until after nightfall.

All I can say is I'm TP and while I can't solidly say who among AT/Aladeen/Ilunga is mafia, vigging me may put us in LYLO or worse.

If we're lynching Aladeen, I don't know who should be the vig target but it shouldn't be me. I'm not sure why a mafia AT would begin to call out Zfetch right before the mafia kills him. 

I know the vig won't try to snipe a deep wolf, so if there's one in the 'confirmed' TP, then we're cooked. 

See you guys after nightfall.

4 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

No one wants to make the pro-Aladeen argument? It's no fun if we all agree that easily.

I bet Wellwood wants to.

They were posting together last night after I put up my list with them at the very bottom and Deen didn't even bother to tunnel Wellwood, it's like they were ignoring each other, like they've done all game.

16 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Angel stealing the win seems unlikely, but possible I guess.

But they don't even have an action (that we know of) so I kinda doubt they can win alone

I have a single self save, but I think that’s just due to the fact that I’m underpowered compared to a normal VTP. 

32 minutes ago, Alchemy Time said:

What is the chances that ONLY AE wins if he survives to the end with town

Not unheard of. Years ago, I played in a game on MU where Aladeen won as 3P by surviving until, like, the halfway point of the game.

I think the odds of there being only 4 scum in a game where we have so many specials is highly unlikely. In other words, I'm a lot more worried about losing to the mafia than I am of losing to AE right now. If Aladeen/WW flip scum/scum tonight, I'm happy to deal with AE then.

Just now, Intoewsables said:

Not unheard of. Years ago, I played in a game on MU where Aladeen won as 3P by surviving until, like, the halfway point of the game.

Forgot to add: our scum team knew Aladeen was 3P and kept him alive for a while, completely unaware of his wincon. Still salty about that years later.

I guess all of this is to say, AT's point is valid and we shouldn't just assume we can keep AE alive until the end.

2 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

I think the odds of there being only 4 scum in a game where we have so many specials is highly unlikely. In other words, I'm a lot more worried about losing to the mafia than I am of losing to AE right now. If Aladeen/WW flip scum/scum tonight, I'm happy to deal with AE then.

And illunga

Forgot to add: our scum team knew Aladeen was 3P and kept him alive for a while, completely unaware of his wincon. Still salty about that years later.

I guess all of this is to say, AT's point is valid and we shouldn't just assume we can keep AE alive until the end.

This goes for the mafia as well. I don't know what kind of crazy shit they're getting up to on MU now, but if BJ is getting inspiration from their games, AE could have an unexpected wincon. Could be in your best interest to take him out. ;)

This goes for the mafia as well. I don't know what kind of crazy shit they're getting up to on MU now, but if BJ is getting inspiration from their games, AE could have an unexpected wincon. Could be in your best interest to take him out. ;)

And Illunga 

However WW and Deen should be a lynch priority.

52 minutes ago, luckylager said:

So why not Wellwood?  If you're not mafia and we're in potential lylo for biffing.. why not Wellwood? 

Literally nothing has stood out to me about him. Actually one post where he laid out all of his reads with I pretty much agreed with everything he said. I am not sure which one it was but I don't have the energy for a fight to try to save myself in this final game. I am too old and slow for this game now. The MR lynch totally showed me that I am not able to scum hunt, and as intoews has shown my reads are wrong. I am way past my prime and ready for pasture. I am sort of glad CDC is over with, I know there is a new site and at first I was thinking hey mafia will still continue and I hope it does but for me this Final time "Aladeen is Hung" will be my finale.

I will type up something for nightfall as my final words and hang with you guys til the lights go out here but I'm done. I don't have the fight left in me.

Truth is I deserve to be lynched on being wrong on MR alone.

I don't know if you're scum, intoews is, SD is, WW is, illunga, AT, anybody but duce and AE and myself. I used to be able to see it all as clearly as if I was given all the roles pregame.

• Sad 2