The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

1 minute ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

&^@# it. I stayed home. I can remote in.

I usually carpool with my mum since we work in the same area. She has 4x4; schools are closed however. My Honda isn't getting around in the snow well.

Good choice staying home.  In a week this will all be forgotten.  Get in an accident and the consequences could last a lot longer. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

Typical Canadian loves to talk 'weather'...this thread will go on for years yet...whether it's wind, snow or rain....Vancouverites always gripe about the weather.

Send them to live in the polar vortex for a week. Come drive on ice that won't melt. No block heater? Engine won't turn over. Wind chill that causes frost bite in minutes. Cabin fever is reaching new heights. And no relief in sight...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Send them to live in the polar vortex for a week. Come drive on ice that won't melt. No block heater? Engine won't turn over. Wind chill that causes frost bite in minutes. Cabin fever is reaching new heights. And no relief in sight...

I lived in Red Deer one winter....never again...that weather is for polar bears not humans! Why do people choose to live in the 'polar vortex'? It is a choice afterall...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

I lived in Red Deer one winter....never again...that weather is for polar bears not humans! Why do people choose to live in the 'polar vortex'? It is a choice afterall...

it's funny because back in my old traveling musician days, I spent one of the hottest weeks I'd ever experienced in Red Deer. The hotel we were playing at was full, so they stuck us all in a conference room that had no AC and no windows that could be opened. (just sky lights)

Around 40 degrees from about 10:00 am until 10:00 pm.....just brutal....

19 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

it's funny because back in my old traveling musician days, I spent one of the hottest weeks I'd ever experienced in Red Deer. The hotel we were playing at was full, so they stuck us all in a conference room that had no AC and no windows that could be opened. (just sky lights)

Around 40 degrees from about 10:00 am until 10:00 pm.....just brutal....

extreme weather...-40 winter to +40 summer...no thanks

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

I never saw so many bar fights in my life amongst WOMEN in Red Deer.....and I mean bottles to the head, knocking teeth out , hair pulling fights.....I so didn't fit in there...big drinkers, drugs and infidelity (while the husbands were away working on the rigs).....

That's everywhere in Alberia.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bugs?  I love the area around Nanton.  That’s a lot south of you, but the bugs were nasty. 

Not as bad as they are made out to be. Maybe climate change has lessened the effect. Plus, the stagnant 'lakes' as they call them here are all dried up. By July they are only a mild nuisance.

I grew up on the North Coast of BC and the bugs there are quite possibly worse than here.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

I never saw so many bar fights in my life amongst WOMEN in Red Deer.....and I mean bottles to the head, knocking teeth out , hair pulling fights.....I so didn't fit in there...big drinkers, drugs and infidelity (while the husbands were away working on the rigs).....

I gotta move to Red Deer because of....catfight!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

Like you said lots of lonely women cause of husbands being away.