The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

On 2/9/2019 at 2:06 PM, brilac said:

Good luck to you! You may want to check with the airline you are flying with.  If you are flying to SeaTac and then to Bellingham, there have been hundreds of flight cancellations and delays out of SeaTac.  If you're flying Alaska, they are offering a waiver.  I called them the other day to have a refund instead.  They even cancelled the flight I was supposed to be on from SFO to Seattle late this evening. 

It was all good. No problems landing in Bellingham. 

This is the face of a dog rescued from Texas, experiencing her first snow.

IMG_20190210_141856.thumb.jpg.dd2337a96610772373af97b91cf4d396.jpg

She actually had a blast after this pic, something about snow makes dogs go bonkers. However she didn't care for the snow'balls' I was throwing...confused, where the heck do they go once they land?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

This hilarious. 5-10 cm of snow entire city is unprepared and shutting down, mass chaos on the roads. Rest of the Canada is laughing at us. 

The rest of Canada has never driven in this snow, add in the fact that half of YOU don't have snow tires. Close to 800 thousand vehicles in Greater Vancouver, is there any wonder why we have chaos?

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

The rest of Canada has never driven in this snow, add in the fact that half of YOU don't have snow tires. Close to 800 thousand vehicles in Greater Vancouver, is there any wonder why we have chaos?

We live in a mountainous hilly region as well. The snow here is slushy, makes it slick as hell even with snowies....This ain't the Prairies with dry crunchy snow on flat country roads...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

We got this snow two or three times a year in calgary.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I checked the weather yesterday and no weather app had said it would snow this much today. Can’t trust any weather source, but would say AccuWeather and WeatherNetwork are the closest to being accurate. Should never trust the default weather app on the iPhone for sure.

I did not see this forecast anywhere either. I just checked and it is predicting snow tomorrow night too now. Before I saw Monday was clear and snow on Tues. 

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

"This snow"? All 10cm of it. 

800k? Do you know how many more vehicles there are in Greater Toronto Area for example. We have the mildest climate in all of Canada by far. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

I did not see this forecast anywhere either. I just checked and it is predicting snow tomorrow night too now. Before I saw Monday was clear and snow on Tues. 

Yesterday, this is what they said the forecast would look for Monday from the three weather sources I checked:

AccuWeather: 5-10 cm

WeatherNetwork: 1-3 cm

WeatherChannel (default app): 0 cm

Let's see who is the most accurate and I might just stick with that app in the future.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1