The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw

marleau_12

The Adjustment Bureau - 6/10

I didn't enjoy the premise of this movie. The plot device seemed cheesy and forced - sort of like a lame, feel-good version of Dark City. That said, the acting is all top-notch, and at its heart there is an interesting love story.

The Name of the Rose - 7/10

Ending wasn't all that satisfying, and when the movie had actually finished, I had no idea what exactly it was trying to say. Still, it came across as an authentic period piece. And seeing Sean Connery as Sherlock Holmes, as a 1300's monk was fun (though I wouldn't use that word to describe this movie, lol.)

The Adjustment Bureau - 7/10

As a Sci-Fi movie it was completely absurd. But as a romance film it worked great. The two pretty much cancel each other out.

Unknown - 5.5/10

God that ending sucked. The twist managed to be both somewhat predictable, yet plain stupid. It was obvious that they were trying their hardest to blow your mind, but pulled it off with all the grace and subtlety of a train wreck. Which was inevitable considering the nature of the reveal that they were pushing. First hour and 20 minutes were great though. Introduction into the mystery was interesting, and the action pieces was pretty good. But the last half hour, a lot like my efforts in coming up with ways to describe it, was whargarbl.

Sucker Punch - 3/10 - Abysmal. This is what happens when Zack Snyder actually has to write a movie himself. All style with zero substance and I had zero reason to give a crap about any of the characters. I fear for how bad he is going to rape Superman.

The Stoning of Soraya M - 8/10

This is the first completely subtitled movie I have watched in a long time. And it didn't take away for the experience one bit. Based on true events, this movie is an eye opener. The fact that human beings are able to bury and throw stones at a mother, daughter, neighbor, friend, ANYONE, until they die is absolutely sickening. And the fact that this poor woman was an innocent, dedicated, loving mother makes it so much worse. The only mistake she made was marrying a filthy animal.

I am still pissed off and it enrages me that in some cultures, stoning is still practiced today. It also really pisses me off how poorly women are treated in some of these cultures. If I could afford it, I'd be a regular on Persianwifefinder.com(doubt this is a real site, just using it as an example) just to get them outta there.

Archived