6251 replies to this topic

#6211 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

that the Jewish people are the smartest people on this planet.

Oh boy, here we go.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#6212 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

What's with all the hostility all of a sudden...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 22 December 2012 - 01:55 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#6213 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

lex luthor is making me want to hate jews...

Anyways anyone seen Django yet?

Edited by SterlingArcher, 23 December 2012 - 11:23 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#6214 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Watched Die Hard last night (again). 8/10
One of the best action flicks of all time.

And still a great Christmas movie ::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#6215 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Bernie - 7/10

Was very surprised that this turned up on Netflix so quickly. It's not often that you get to see Jack Black not acting like Jack Black. Very enjoyable film that would not have been made had it not been based on a true story. Very weird, but I always seem to enjoy films that Shirley Maclaine is in, and she did very well. Worth watching.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#6216 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Seeking a Friend For The End of The World - 4/10

There is some interesting stuff going on in the first half of this movie, but it is all with secondary characters and situations. Sadly, the main characters not interesting in the least, and the core storyline is stupid and pointless. It's as if the producers had all these cool side ideas as to how people would react to their impending doom, but had no idea how to weave them together. Disappointing.

The Amazing Spiderman - 7/10

I was totally against this movie from the moment it came out, and the Raimi/McGuire version is so much better...that said, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
Posted Image

#6217 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

TED = 4/5 was really funny.
:towel:

#6218 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

cloud atlas 7/10
although long and drawn out its a very interesting concept
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#6219 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

The Hobbit 9/10

I know there's some really negative reviews about this movie. I don't know why honestly, the movie was just amazing. Having been a Lord of the Rings fan and watching that movie more than a decade ago now, the Hobbit just brings so much good memories. Several songs are from the lord of the rings with gives old fans a sense of nostalgia.

Also it is clear that Hobbit was made for fans that already know a bit of the Lotro lore. For instance there's mention of the Morgul blade, the witch king of Angmar, and we get to see smeagol. So if you haven't watch the best trilogy ever made go and watch Lord of the Rings before the hobbit!

Great movie highly recommended escepecially in 3d.
Posted Image

#6220 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Django Unchained

Good, but disappointing. 7.5/10

I think I was just grumpy after having to sit through 16 minutes of previews, after getting to the theater 20 minutes early. With a 3 hour movie, that's almost 4 hours of sitting in some really uncomfortable seats.
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#6221 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

The Hobbit

Good movie, but not as good as any of the LOTR movies. Probably would've been better without 15-30 minutes of unnecessary scenes, IMO. Not a must see, but definitely a should see.

7/10

#6222 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Goon.

Not a good movie per se but fun for what it is.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#6223 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Jack Reacher - 6/10

The Help - 8.5/10

#6224 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Flight 6/10
You wonder.."where is this going...?"
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#6225 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Lincoln 8/10
Daniel Day Lewis. 'Nuff said.

#6226 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

The Bourne Legacy - 7/10

A very good action movie, with a perfectly fine storyline on it's own. However, not as good as any of the real Bourne movies. In fact, the only thing I didn't like about it was how it constantly tried to tie this story to what was happening surrounding the events in Bourne Ultimatim. Other than the general setting, and motives of Alex Cross's pursuers, the connections seemed forced.
Posted Image

#6227 Stizz19

Stizz19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

The Dark Knight Rises (finally saw it)
8/10

#6228 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

The Bourne Legacy - 7/10

A very good action movie, with a perfectly fine storyline on it's own. However, not as good as any of the real Bourne movies. In fact, the only thing I didn't like about it was how it constantly tried to tie this story to what was happening surrounding the events in Bourne Ultimatim. Other than the general setting, and motives of Alex Cross's pursuers, the connections seemed forced.

My wife got me Bourne Legacy for Christmas. Watching it tonight. This was my only gift I knew for sure what I was getting beforehand. Because I asked for it? No. Here's the conversation my wife and I had 2 days before Christmas, while we were out for breakfast. Note: My wife is book smart, not people smart; therefore, she cannot think on her feet.Wife: So, what would you like to do tonight?Me: Well, we've been talking about watching The Bourne Legacy, we can [rent] that.Wife: NO! (her eyes as wide as possible, like a deer in headlights, while people around us look on)Me: (Laughing) So it's safe to assume that you got me that for Christmas.

Edited by Monty, 27 December 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#6229 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,881 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

So if you haven't watch the best trilogy ever made go and watch Lord of the Rings before the hobbit!

Wait, how does having seen the original Star Wars trilogy related to seeing The Hobbit/LOTR?

#6230 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Wait, how does having seen the original Star Wars trilogy related to seeing The Hobbit/LOTR?

It doesn't. He was referring to a critically acclaimed movie series, not a soap opera in space, with worse acting.

#6231 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

It doesn't. He was referring to a critically acclaimed movie series, not a soap opera in space, with worse acting.

Gots ta agree with this one...

On topic:
This is 40 6.5/10
Pretty funny, was a little crude at times, storyline- meh, but it was easy to laugh at/with.

#6232 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,881 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Really, because I would suspect the "best trilogy ever made" would at least be semi-original material.

#6233 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Really, because I would suspect the "best trilogy ever made" would at least be semi-original material.

Wow - that opens a HUGE can of worms, since many of the "best movies ever made" have been based on books.
Posted Image

#6234 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,881 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Wow - that opens a HUGE can of worms, since many of the "best movies ever made" have been based on books.

All things being equal, an original story > adapted screenplay.

#6235 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

The Party - 7/10
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#6236 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

hobbit 2/10 . crap

#6237 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Lincoln 6.5/10

Just a stage for Daniel Day Lewis to act on, with Spielberg doing what Spielberg does.

Wasn't Lincoln a big ol' racist in the real world? The movie seems to suggest the exact opposite...

Frequently boring movie with questionable historical accuracy, bizarre lighting, in-your-face sentimentality, and hammy acting. Not my thing, but decent enough.
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#6238 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

To Sir, With Love - 7.5/10
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#6239 I R Baboon

I R Baboon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Lawless 8/10

Hardy was awesome

#6240 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

Chronicle - 6/10

It really started out quite strong, but felt it lost steam in the last 15-20 minutes. Also, for an 83 minute movie, it felt way too long as it was. Great achievement in visual effects though.

The Bourne Legacy - 6.5/10

Perfectly enjoyable, but quite anticlimatic. The major flaw was that it tried too hard to connect it to events taking place in the 3rd film. As a standalone film, it was good. But as a Bourne film, the weakest of the 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.