The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Schroeder will play for Moose on Friday; Hodgson closer to returning By Jim Jamieson Thu, Jan 20 2011 COMMENTS(0) The White Towel

Jordan Schroeder is returning to action with the Manitoba Moose and Cody Hodgson may be close behind.The last two Canucks first-round picks have been out since December with injuries.Schroeder, who suffered a high ankle sprain on Dec. 10, will re-join the Moose in Friday's home game against the Abbotsford Heat.Hodgson, who's been out since a high stick in practice resulted in chipped orbital bones, has also been cleared to play but the Moose are still mulling when he'll return. Hodgson had forced inactivity early in his rehab and is still trying to regain his fitness level. Although the Moose have been saying all week that Hodgson was still a ways away from playing, the team acknowledged on Thursday he could play this weekend.

http://communities.c...-returning.aspx

I read somewhere that, even when Jordan gets back to playing, he'll still be in a little pain doing some things when skating. So, everyone, don't freak out when/or if he plays poorly in his first few games back.No more injuries please!

They couldn't have timed their returns any better.

Just to update, JS scored a goal tonight vs the heat after coming back from injury and played 25+ minutes. Whoooooo.

very nice. thanks for the update. ...and wow 25 minutes!!? :frantic: sounds like he was ready to go and the coach had confidence in hi.

BTW, for those of you who watch the Moose, what current NHL player can JS be compared to?

How did you find out it was 25 minutes? On the radio? Man I really wish the AHL published the players' ice times on the game sheets too.

I heard it on the radio when they interviewed him.

I want them to do that too, I always wonder why they won't post TOI. Anyone have a clue as to why the AHL doesnt?

very nice. thanks for the update. ...and wow 25 minutes!!? :frantic: sounds like he was ready to go and the coach had confidence in hi.

BTW, for those of you who watch the Moose, what current NHL player can JS be compared to?

The comparison everyone seems to make is Patrick Kane. Small, fast, American, can pass and score equally well. He'll likely be a poor man's Kane without the constant douchebaggery.

The comparison everyone seems to make is Patrick Kane. Small, fast, American, can pass and score equally well. He'll likely be a poor man's Kane without the constant douchebaggery.

lolol at the douchbaggery comment. People did say he has a bad attitude but I don't believe it. He's just confident.

I also believe JS will be better defensively than Kane.

is he more offensive player than Hodgson? Do Schroeder have good chemistry with Hodgson? possible combination in the future like Towes and Kane?

No I'd say him and Hodgson are pretty similar offensively, except Hodgson has a better two-way game and Schroeder has better wheels. Both of them have very good shots though, and can make plays at the highest level.

They haven't really played that much together. Before their injuries they played on seperate lines I'm pretty sure. And after their injuries, Hodgson was a little slow to get going offensively.

Schroeder has really picked it up in the last little while though. I think he's on like a 5 game point streak. He's really developed good chemistry with Sweatt though, because they both have great speed.

I see a line of Sweatt - Kesler - Schroeder in the future if they both make it to the next level. Hodgson would be better off playing with the Sedins in the future if he can elevate his game.

No I'd say him and Hodgson are pretty similar offensively, except Hodgson has a better two-way game and Schroeder has better wheels. Both of them have very good shots though, and can make plays at the highest level.

They haven't really played that much together. Before their injuries they played on seperate lines I'm pretty sure. And after their injuries, Hodgson was a little slow to get going offensively.

Schroeder has really picked it up in the last little while though. I think he's on like a 5 game point streak. He's really developed good chemistry with Sweatt though, because they both have great speed.

I see a line of Sweatt - Kesler - Schroeder in the future if they both make it to the next level. Hodgson would be better off playing with the Sedins in the future if he can elevate his game.

Before their injuries Schroeder was playing on line with Hodgson and Sweatt. Top producing line.

Archived