The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How I Met Your Mother

Apricot

I read the whole article and it seems that they had 2 separate endings good to go but they didn't have additional filming, just a lot of editing. It'll probably fix ted/Tracy and the death but who knows how they'll handle Robin.

Robin will marry Don

They're making an official alternate ending because of all the hate the original finale got. We have to wait for the DVD set is released though.

Really? Just shows to me how unhappy they are with their final product. Not that they knew it was going to happen but by putting an alternate ending to it just shows zero confidence in your ability to put out a good product. I guess if they want to appease their fans sure but I rather they just stick with how they ended it regardless if it got good or bad reviews..

Really? Just shows to me how unhappy they are with their final product. Not that they knew it was going to happen but by putting an alternate ending to it just shows zero confidence in your ability to put out a good product. I guess if they want to appease their fans sure but I rather they just stick with how they ended it regardless if it got good or bad reviews..

I think it's more with appeasing the fans since there's so many people who were dissatisfied with the ending, at least those who I've talked to about it and forums and such.

If they do indeed change the ending of the series, I will be horrified. Have courage in your convictions - it's your show, your characters, make it end how you want it to end. Don't give in to people moaning or crying, you don't see the makers of Game of Thrones re-shooting the Red Wedding so that Robb Stark and Talisa have a happy life together at Casterly Rock :frantic:

The ending won't change. It's just another ending they had ready and want to share it with the fans. Obviously if the first ending was loved by all, we would never here of this but at least they are responding to the hate a bit. The original ending will always be the real ending, but it's nice to have another option for people who hated it. I doubt it's aired on TV anyways.

They said they were very confident and 100% supporting the ending they choose. Whether that's true or not, is speculation.

Well an alternate ending is good, I guess. Although an alternate finale would've been better.

Robin and Barney stay together

Ted and Tracy live happily ever after

Marshall and Lily stay being awesome

That's how I would do it.

• 5 months later...

Yes I'm late to the party, but I just watched season 9. I avoided this thread for the longest time so that I wouldn't see any spoilers, then I just forgot about the show until recently.

All of season 9 felt like a waste after seeing the ending. I watched 20+ episodes on a wedding that didn't last. Then again, the entire series feels watered down now. Everything Ted said about destiny went right out the window. The ending just leaves me with an emptiness feeling.

They should have gone with the alternate ending. I understand sometimes people don't want to go with the traditional happy-ending, but in this case it would have worked perfectly.

Also, the pineapple story was revealed in case anyone was still wondering about it.

Archived