168 replies to this topic

#151 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

6 points and a +5 in 24 game so far. Very good rookie season, especially compared to the "NHL ready" dmen on the Wolves. He is quickly climbing up the depth chart passing Polasek and Sauve. He might even pass Connauton by the end of the year the way things are going.

Connauton - 9 points -13 in 35 games ( I am sure he gets way more PP time too)
Joslin - 6 points -4 in 34 games

Edited by canucklehead44, 28 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Sig too big.

#152 DJ Kreuzberg

DJ Kreuzberg

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Personally, Andersson has leaped all defensemen on the Wolves for me. Not even a contest for Sauve and Polasek (whom i've been supporting for quite some time). Better suited for the NHL than Connauton, IMO.

Andersson is not that far from being NHL ready. He consistently impresses me with how smart he is with the puck, his efficient puck movement, and his poise. He is so solid defensively with his decision making. Its rare to see him make a mistake. He wins battles along the boards and plays his man well.

He hasn't gotten near the PP time that Connauton has, but i think he can be a contributor there as well. He did not look out of place early in the season when he got a chance there. He has a good shot and makes smart passes. He is also becoming more assertive offensively which is nice to see. He has adapted rather easily to the small rink and the AHL style of play. He does not shy away from physical play like Erixon did.

If i had to choose a comparable, i'd say Carl Gunnarsson. That goes beyond the Swedish connection, but mainly how solid defensively they are and how they can chip in a bit offensively with their smart play.

#153 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Personally, Andersson has leaped all defensemen on the Wolves for me. Not even a contest for Sauve and Polasek (whom i've been supporting for quite some time). Better suited for the NHL than Connauton, IMO.

Andersson is not that far from being NHL ready. He consistently impresses me with how smart he is with the puck, his efficient puck movement, and his poise. He is so solid defensively with his decision making. Its rare to see him make a mistake. He wins battles along the boards and plays his man well.

He hasn't gotten near the PP time that Connauton has, but i think he can be a contributor there as well. He did not look out of place early in the season when he got a chance there. He has a good shot and makes smart passes. He is also becoming more assertive offensively which is nice to see. He has adapted rather easily to the small rink and the AHL style of play. He does not shy away from physical play like Erixon did.

If i had to choose a comparable, i'd say Carl Gunnarsson. That goes beyond the Swedish connection, but mainly how solid defensively they are and how they can chip in a bit offensively with their smart play.

Good to hear

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

#154 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Great to hear, sounds like we actually got a pretty good one in him (for a later round pick), I'll start keeping an eye on him.

zackass.png

#155 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I remember Andersson being really hyped when we drafted him in 2009. A lot of people called him the next Edler. But it seemed like his stock dropped last year with no points with Frolunda (27 games) and only 4 points in the Allsvenskan with Boras HC (30 games).

I'm very happy to see Andersson adapting to the North American game so well, and seeing the fanbase embrace him again.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#156 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

As he continues to put on muscle and if he becomes more aggressive and physical I could see him becoming a solid really hard hitting dman. He's got that ridiculous strength and he's only 200 lbs right now. I've seen him one arm big men to the ice on many occasions.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#157 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Is he a physical defensive defensemen?

Be nice to add a solid frame on the backend who has a mean streak in his game.

2moy3iq.png

#158 zduck14

zduck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Is he a physical defensive defensemen?

Be nice to add a solid frame on the backend who has a mean streak in his game.

I agree. It would sure be nice to see a Brooks Orpik or Douglas Murray type defenseman on the Canucks back end.

#159 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I haven't seen much of a mean streak from him. He seems really even keeled like edler. He can hit definitely, but i think his positional game is more important to him. It's what makes him effective

#160 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

He seems like a steady defensive guy, but apparently there might be some offense there too. Not alot but a bit.

after reading into him more he seems alot like Jonathan Ericsson to me.

Here's the breakdown of Ericssons game

ASSETS: Owns the size NHL teams crave along the blueline. Has a big frame and all-around ability. Can log big minutes because he's rather low-maintenance. Posted Image

FLAWS: Doesn't always use his size to the best of his capability. Is not a natural offensive defenseman and can struggle if pressured with the puck. Posted Image

CAREER POTENTIAL: Big, mobile defenseman with all-round ability.

Sounds alot like Andersson IMO, there are certainly some comparables (one being that they are both Swedish and both are late round picks)

If he could turn into this type of defensemen I would be pretty happy.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 29 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.

zackass.png

#161 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

He seems like a steady defensive guy, but apparently there might be some offense there too. Not alot but a bit.

after reading into him more he seems alot like Jonathan Ericsson to me.

Here's the breakdown of Ericssons game
[/size]

Sounds alot like Andersson IMO, there are certainly some comparables (one being that they are both Swedish and both are late round picks)

If he could turn into this type of defensemen I would be pretty happy.

So I've seen Edler, Gunnarsson and now Ericsson comparisons. I'm starting to notice a trend...
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#162 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

So I've seen Edler, Gunnarsson and now Ericsson comparisons. I'm starting to notice a trend...

Edler isn't quite as similar, doesn't have the offense or skating ability IMO, but Gunnarsson and Ericsson are more accurate.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 29 January 2013 - 07:51 PM.

zackass.png

#163 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Dem soft Euros, amirite

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#164 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Gunnarsson seems like a good comparable. Solid defensively, can skate well and move the puck, and might have some underrated offense in him too.

Don't think he'll be as physical as some of the D-men mentioned. Seems really quiet and even-keeled too, not unlike Edler's personality when he first debuted.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#165 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Btw anyone remember this picture? I know it's not impossible, but back then in '09 who'da thunk the 5th rounder would be looking more like a guy with NHL potential than the 2nd rounder?

Posted Image
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#166 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

BTW, he's on twitter @pistolpiete

Posted Image

#167 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,516 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Andersson didn't make the top 10 of the Hockey Prospectus review of our prospect pool, but he did make the next five:

15. Peter Andersson, Defense: Andersson is a big defenseman who skates well for his size and makes good defensive reads, but he brings little in terms of offensive skill.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#168 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

Time for a bump! Andersson left the game tonight after being checked from behind into the boards... no word on if he'll miss time, it'd be a real blow to the Comets if he did. He has the highest plus/minus (+8) on a team that's been in the basement all year long, putting up a real solid year so far.

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#169 UticaHockey

UticaHockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

Time for a bump! Andersson left the game tonight after being checked from behind into the boards... no word on if he'll miss time, it'd be a real blow to the Comets if he did. He has the highest plus/minus (+8) on a team that's been in the basement all year long, putting up a real solid year so far.

I hope Andersson is okay. That hit from behind was nasty and the type that leads to concussions. Andersson was sent face first into the glass and never returned to the bench after it happened. The pairing of Andersson and Biega has been our two best D for a few weeks now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.