The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick McNally | D

b3.

249 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didnt realise he was that old. Well lets hope he isn't completely in the dumps after this and can make the the jump to pro.

Yeah I hope he gets a shot in the AHL to start, he might not be 100% ready but we can just see what he can do for a bit before sending him down to the K-Wings, that way atleast we can see his PP Tools, maybe he can help out the Wolves PP that has been pretty bad for the most part.

Good he withdrew from Harvard, means he will play some hockey this year. A week or so off should also help calm things down. In all honesty I don't blame the kid, I recall collaborating on take-homes as well - not so much as to have the same answers but more to share research.

I doubt he makes the Wolves. He might be able to beat out Miskovic, but Hunt seems to be an Arniel favourite. If Blain gets sent down before Andersson gets better then McNally might have a real shot. Here's to hoping he destroys the ECHL.

Good he withdrew from Harvard, means he will play some hockey this year. A week or so off should also help calm things down. In all honesty I don't blame the kid, I recall collaborating on take-homes as well - not so much as to have the same answers but more to share research.

I doubt he makes the Wolves. He might be able to beat out Miskovic, but Hunt seems to be an Arniel favourite. If Blain gets sent down before Andersson gets better then McNally might have a real shot. Here's to hoping he destroys the ECHL.

If you look at the prospects stats page, look at our defence.... that's pretty sad...... also the Wolves arent doing that great. its not like our team is one of the best. Nothing wrong with Seeing how Mcnally does at the AHL level. Nothing to lose.

Just remember guys, Harvard isn't really in the upper tier of college hockey. It's not like he was in Michigan, Minnesota or Maine.

The best players to come out of Harvard are: Dominic Moore, Craig Adams, Ted Donato, Ted Drury and Don Sweeney. In terms of development and if he really wants to be an NHLer, he should have immediately went to the USHL or went pro.

While it really sucks that he withdrawn (booted) from Harvard and missed out on a great opportunity for higher education, he can always go back later in life. He can potentially earn more money playing pro in a shorter time than working at a legit job.

http://farhandevji.com/?p=540

I’m not sure what McNally’s immediate hockey future holds, but he’s too old for the CHL and I wouldn’t expect him to turn pro any time soon, as McNally’s camp is working with the university to discuss reinstatement options.

McNally was drafted by the Indiana Ice in the 2010 USHL Entry Draft and as far as I know they still hold his rights, so perhaps that’s where he’s headed. Either way, we should know more soon. (EDIT: It appears as though the USHL has an age limit of 20 years old, which would rule McNally, 21, out).

So as per Devji, he can't play in Jr, can't play in USHL, so what are his other options? Find another Uni (unlikely 'if' it's a cheating situation), or sign contract w/ Canucks and play in ECHL or AHL?

http://farhandevji.com/?p=540

So as per Devji, he can't play in Jr, can't play in USHL, so what are his other options? Find another Uni (unlikely 'if' it's a cheating situation), or sign contract w/ Canucks and play in ECHL or AHL?

I mean he could sign in Europe (Hansen joked Salzburg lol) but thats a longshot, long long long shot.

Realistically now that I see he's ineligable for USHL I just see him looking for a university that'll take him and if worse comes to worse, he'll play for the K-Wings/Wolves

I mean he could sign in Europe (Hansen joked Salzburg lol) but thats a longshot, long long long shot.

Realistically now that I see he's ineligable for USHL I just see him looking for a university that'll take him and if worse comes to worse, he'll play for the K-Wings/Wolves

Oh yes, forgot about Europe.

Should be an interesting scenario. Wonder if we'll ever find out what happened.

Archived