The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Kevin Bieksa

40gp 4g 19a 23p +8

Canucklelion, hank&dan and all those other pansies are no where to be seen (Involving Bieksa talk)

Oh at this point the only one you'll see around is Canuckelion. The rest of them have nothing left to say until next season.

Perpetual cycle is perpetual.

At that Canuckelion is really just a parody of them. I don't even think he believes or ever did believe any of this.

Kevin Bieksa

40gp 4g 19a 23p +8

Canucklelion, hank&dan and all those other pansies are no where to be seen (Involving Bieksa talk)

by Contrast

Christian Ehrhoff

37gp 3g 14a 17p -11

Or, maybe more like:

Shea Weber

35gp 8g 21a 29p +14

Ryan Suter

39gp 5g 19a 24p +9

Brent Seabrook

35gp 2g 11a 13p +10

Niklas Lidstrom

39gp 8g 15a 23p +17

Huh. Who's Bieksa more like?

by Contrast

Christian Ehrhoff

37gp 3g 14a 17p -11

Or, maybe more like:

Shea Weber

35gp 8g 21a 29p +14

Ryan Suter

39gp 5g 19a 24p +9

Brent Seabrook

35gp 2g 11a 13p +10

Niklas Lidstrom

39gp 8g 15a 23p +17

Huh. Who's Bieksa more like?

I only wish Bxa was half as good as any of the above, why don't you post how each have these guys have performed on average in the last 6 years and you wiill see that Bxa doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Weber, Lidstrom, Suter , Seabrook etc. For pts or +/-. The only category he would lead in is brainless plays. Nice try. There is still a half a season to play.

I only wish Bxa was half as good as any of the above, why don't you post how each have these guys have performed on average in the last 6 years and you wiill see that Bxa doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Weber, Lidstrom, Suter , Seabrook etc. For pts or +/-. The only category he would lead in is brainless plays. Nice try. There is still a half a season to play.

I understand the first chunk of your post, but why is it necessary to throw in a dumb comment after every point you attempt to make (eg. leading in brainless plays).

Also, by saying "there is still half a season to play", I'm going to read in between the lines and say that means you actually think he's doing good but won't keep it up =P.

Blah, blah.blah,blah,blah.........

What does six years ago have to do with how a player is performing NOW?

Absolutely nothing.

It's just CANUCKELION grasping at straws or making up nonexistent "stats" because he has nothing factual to back him up.

BTW, C: The whole "highest paid player on the team thing is ridiculous". It's Cap hit that matters. Anyone with even a modicum of hockey knowledge is aware of that. However, if you insist on sticking to that ridiculous point, your boy Ehrhoff must be the worst signing ever, considering he's the highest paid player in the NHL....

Last year Bieksa did better in the second half I think?? .. Canucklion must be praying for an injury to bail him out?? .. /g

Wrong again, I wouldn't wish injury on anyone I just doubt his puck luck will hold up and last year, if Bxa got any worse in the 2nd half of the season, he would not have been a Nuck at the end of the season. he was playing do or die hockey, this year with that NTC, he won't have quite the same motivation to play a team game.

Again, the larger body of work is a much better, more credible indicator of the type of player you are rating. Bxa will show his true colors soon enough, a small guy who can't skate, shoot or defend at the level his role demands. I'm still surprised Hamhuis doesn't have a sore back from carrying Bxa for almost 40 games.

Absolutely nothing.

It's just CANUCKELION grasping at straws or making up nonexistent "stats" because he has nothing factual to back him up.

BTW, C: The whole "highest paid player on the team thing is ridiculous". It's Cap hit that matters. Anyone with even a modicum of hockey knowledge is aware of that. However, if you insist on sticking to that ridiculous point, your boy Ehrhoff must be the worst signing ever, considering he's the highest paid player in the NHL....

see above for a reply to your absolutely nothing response, as far as Ehrhoff goes his cap hit is $ 600,000.00 less than the sneering Elvis impersonator. let's see how his sneer works against the B's, Lucic will probably run away from him eh? lol

Again, the larger body of work is a much better, more credible indicator of the type of player you are rating. Bxa will show his true colors soon enough, a small guy who can't skate, shoot or defend at the level his role demands. I'm still surprised Hamhuis doesn't have a sore back from carrying Bxa for almost 40 games.

see above for a reply to your absolutely nothing response, as far as Ehrhoff goes his cap hit is $ 600,000.00 less than the sneering Elvis impersonator. let's see how his sneer works against the B's, Lucic will probably run away from him eh? lol

Yes, Ehrhoff's Cap hit is 600k less, but for twice the duration. Anyway, it's beside the point. You don't care about Cap hit, otherwise, why would you be constantly bringing up Bieksa being the "highest paid player on the team"?

Try and keep up, "Coach".

Wrong again, I wouldn't wish injury on anyone I just doubt his puck luck will hold up and last year, if Bxa got any worse in the 2nd half of the season, he would not have been a Nuck at the end of the season. he was playing do or die hockey, this year with that NTC, he won't have quite the same motivation to play a team game.

blah, blah, blah,blah, blah.........

Bieksa is bigger than Hamhuis, can shoot as good as him and can skate just as well, you are a tool.

lol, ask anyone, go look at them, hammer is taller and heavier.

You were perfect, wrong on 3 for 3.

bxa doesn't have a shot and can't skate backwards

I understand what your saying about large sample size, but isn't last season, last playoffs and the playoffs before, and so far this year a large enough sample size?

I have been out of town. Glad to notice you prefer a large sample group for determining a players worth as opposed to say, 1 good season.

Edit: Wait a second, I just checked Ehrhoffs last 6 years of playoff history. According to your reasoning, he is a bust in the playoffs, just check the last 6 years of his underachievement. -12 career NHL, -21 career NHL and AHL combined, and if it wasn't for Edler packing him last year, he would only have 22 points in 73 games.

I sure appreciate using a larger sample group Canuckelion.

You argue that we need to go back 6 years to demonstrate a larger sample size. Convenient how that time frame encompasses TWO CALF LACERATIONS. How could he possibly maintain a high level of performance after those injuries? Let's apply this logic of judging players over a larger sample size to some other folks.

Over 7 seasons, Burrows scored on average 20 goals per season. Guess we'll only get 5 more from him.

Over 8 seasons, Kesler has averaged just 43.5 points. Star forward my ass, we can't count on him.

Over 11 seasons, Henrik and Daniel Sedin have averaged 65 and 64 points per season. Second liners at best.

Are those sample sizes large enough, Canucklelion? Will you get the point this time? (hint: your argument is ridiculous!)

You might also note, however, that before Bieksa's injuries, he scored 42 points in a season and led the Canucks D. Now, he's again on pace for 40+ pts in a season. You call that anomalous, the rest of us call that "returning to form".

Archived