#1022 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

What is this, I don't even...

I guess this is what happens when you have 2 weeks off.

Makes sense considering all the nonsense that gets posted on CDC about the Canucks during the offseason, lol.

RIP LB RR PD

#1023 jbrizzy

jbrizzy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

hahahaha is that baldamero ? hilarious.

ps is that a red or a yellow ??

#1024 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Just met a few of the guys at a function in Nanaimo. Very impressed as they took time to chat and signed everything for the kids. Carl Valentine and Etienne are funny dudes!
Posted Image

#1025 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Going to my first soccer game!! Go caps!

fourlogosgift3.gif

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

#1026 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

Going to my first soccer game!! Go caps!

Hope you are sitting in or near the southsiders or Curva Collective. 10x better there(Supports section)

#1027 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,460 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

The Southsiders are planning a tifo in honour of the CanWNT bronze medal win. Really hoping someone can either take pic of them live or at least grab a screenshot from the broadcast. I really want to see what they've put together!
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#1028 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hope you are sitting in or near the southsiders or Curva Collective. 10x better there(Supports section)

Idk where im sitting lol, my friend invited me and has the tickets

But I hope I'm sitting there too if its that good

Edited by UMADBRO?, 11 August 2012 - 11:33 AM.

fourlogosgift3.gif

#1029 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

So what the heck is the deal with Miller?... he must be game-fit by now. He should be starting, hell he's only making 1.2 mill. I want to see what he can do!!

#1030 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,460 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Way to go Southsiders!
And great match by the Whitecaps too :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1031 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Way to go Southsiders!
And great match by the Whitecaps too :)

Posted Image

Haha, I stand right behind the upper banner (my season's tickets are there) and there was a huge argument between some people behind the banners because nobody could see anything and when the banners went up, YP Lee was on the attack at the edge of the box on the right side.

Some serious yelling went on, lol. I'm not going to point out who was involved, but you can see them in the picture, lol.

Anyhow, it was done during the 12th minute, in honour of Christine Sinclair, of course.

It was a nice touch, although it probably would have been better had they done it before the game, and during the half-time.

RIP LB RR PD

#1032 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,460 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

^ haha nice. Yeah i'd imagine there were a few ticked off people who were having their views obstructed by those banners
i guess it's hard to do a tribute when there is no real stoppage in play.
it must have meant the world to the team though. they are all tweeting their appreciation!
Posted Image

#1033 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I was sitting in the Southsiders section!! Actually joined them during their parade because me and my friend were buying stuff before the game and we ended up walking back to the stadium with them. We won! That was pretty sweet. Was sitting in section 253. And people behind me spilt beer on me :sick: . That happened to me at the Nucks game too....

fourlogosgift3.gif

#1034 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I was sitting in the Southsiders section!! Actually joined them during their parade because me and my friend were buying stuff before the game and we ended up walking back to the stadium with them. We won! That was pretty sweet. Was sitting in section 253. And people behind me spilt beer on me :sick: . That happened to me at the Nucks game too....

lol it is just beer not puke.

#1035 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

I was sitting in the Southsiders section!!

You're doing it wrong!
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#1036 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

lol it is just beer not puke.

i'm a kid

You're doing it wrong!

Lol I was standing for 75% of the game actually, so I was standing in the southsiders section!!

fourlogosgift3.gif

#1037 FallenCR7A

FallenCR7A

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

I was at the game today and obviously saw Demerit subbed off soon after that collission with Knighton. Any idea what part of him was hurting? I only realized he fell back down after the ref stopped play. thanks

Posted Image

Formerly pflaumEnSaft

#1038 StealthNuck

StealthNuck

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

I was at the game today and obviously saw Demerit subbed off soon after that collission with Knighton. Any idea what part of him was hurting? I only realized he fell back down after the ref stopped play. thanks

It looked like a head injury, concussion or something from the collision earlier. He subbed out just to be safe.

#1039 FallenCR7A

FallenCR7A

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

thanks mate

Posted Image

Formerly pflaumEnSaft

#1040 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

That collision looked pretty bad, we were sitting right behind the net so we saw it happen. Pretty scary

fourlogosgift3.gif

#1041 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Great game. It might of been just the break but the caps sure looked good tonight. A great game to be your first, eh UMAD?

Definitely looked like a head injury for Demerit. They were putting vaseline on, what looked like, a goose egg right above his eyebrow. Hope he is ok.

And great tribute to the Canadian womens team by the southsiders. So proud of those girls and proud of the southsiders for recognizing their massive accomplishment. Gave me goosebumps.
Posted Image

#1042 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Really hope Demerit isn't concussed, by the way.

Knighton had a pretty decent outing. He hits the ball farther than Cannon, but man, he just kicks it into the middle of nowhere every time, lol.

RIP LB RR PD

#1043 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Great game. It might of been just the break but the caps sure looked good tonight. A great game to be your first, eh UMAD?

Definitely looked like a head injury for Demerit. They were putting vaseline on, what looked like, a goose egg right above his eyebrow. Hope he is ok.

And great tribute to the Canadian womens team by the southsiders. So proud of those girls and proud of the southsiders for recognizing their massive accomplishment. Gave me goosebumps.

Yeah! it was a great experience and it leaves me hungry to go again in the future! Just like my first canucks game did to me!

fourlogosgift3.gif

#1044 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,460 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Surprised to hear that they don't have any formal concussion protocol in MLS. They can just cross the street and ask their neighbours at The Rog for advice. God knows they have some knowledge on that issue <_<
Posted Image

#1045 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Huge win for the Caps! O'Brien looked solid for the most part, and it's about time Camilo had a break through game, he's had some bad luck for a few games now. I wasn't able to see Miller get subbed on, I had to leave for work, but I heard he created a couple of chances, can anyone fill me in on how he's doing?

#1046 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Haha, I stand right behind the upper banner (my season's tickets are there) and there was a huge argument between some people behind the banners because nobody could see anything and when the banners went up, YP Lee was on the attack at the edge of the box on the right side.

Some serious yelling went on, lol. I'm not going to point out who was involved, but you can see them in the picture, lol.

Anyhow, it was done during the 12th minute, in honour of Christine Sinclair, of course.

It was a nice touch, although it probably would have been better had they done it before the game, and during the half-time.

I dunno man.... why would they buy tickets in the southsiders section and not expect to have their view obstructed at one point or another by banners/flags?

#1047 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

I dunno man.... why would they buy tickets in the southsiders section and not expect to have their view obstructed at one point or another by banners/flags?

As long as it is not longer than a minute it's fine. At no point were most peoples view of the game, and big screen obstructed.

#1048 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

That's what I mean though, if people didn't want to be near flag waving, loud chanting/cheering then they should have gotten seats in the family section.

#1049 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

That's what I mean though, if people didn't want to be near flag waving, loud chanting/cheering then they should have gotten seats in the family section.

No no no, you guys don't understand.

The people complaining are all Southsiders themselves. These are guys who've been watching the 'Caps since the old Swanguard days, standing in the original Southside on the grass and on those rickety bleachers.

These aren't a bunch of uninformed tourists who just showed up and weren't happy about it.

There's been an ongoing thing between some people in the section for a multitude of reasons I don't really want to get into.

I think it was a great gesture to have the banners and to show support for our ladies, but like I said earlier, before the match, and during half-time would have been just as effective without being inconsiderate. Doing it in the 12th minute singles out Sinclair (who obviously put the team on her back), belittles the performance of the team as a whole, and disrupts the viewing of the game for a lot of people.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great way to show support, but again, I think it could have been executed better.

RIP LB RR PD

#1050 EvoX

EvoX

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

No no no, you guys don't understand.

The people complaining are all Southsiders themselves. These are guys who've been watching the 'Caps since the old Swanguard days, standing in the original Southside on the grass and on those rickety bleachers.

These aren't a bunch of uninformed tourists who just showed up and weren't happy about it.

There's been an ongoing thing between some people in the section for a multitude of reasons I don't really want to get into.

I think it was a great gesture to have the banners and to show support for our ladies, but like I said earlier, before the match, and during half-time would have been just as effective without being inconsiderate. Doing it in the 12th minute singles out Sinclair (who obviously put the team on her back), belittles the performance of the team as a whole, and disrupts the viewing of the game for a lot of people.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great way to show support, but again, I think it could have been executed better.

I totally agree with you. I would be pissed off if someone put up a banner in front of me even though it is for the good.
I've seen fans put banner at european soccer game, but they would put the banner in front of them but not obstructing people them. Banner can still be seen as long as they are standing
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.