The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

I enjoy him. I think too many people obsess over the announcing stuff on this forum, in general. If you do not like someone either mute it, or just use the TEAM1040 stream on their website, which is always in sync with the TV

Was just a little joke, lol. I don't really mind listening to the guy. But you can't really argue that the commentating could be better.

The win sounds good. Didn't get a chance to watch he game itself, so I'll have to catch the highlights. Hopefully the Canucks can make it so we have 2 wins over Montreal today.

Edited by g_bassi13

Hows the atmosphere compared to Empire guys???

Both good, but both different. Empire gives you the itch for the city to get its act together and build that stadium in gastown. BC Place is good, more controlled, but still fun. It's also better when the roof is open.

Both good, but both different. Empire gives you the itch for the city to get its act together and build that stadium in gastown. BC Place is good, more controlled, but still fun. It's also better when the roof is open.

Empire was beautiful, perfect size, but the bad part was it's location. BC Place is right by the skytrain vs waiting for the bus at the PNE for hours if the buses are too full.

Hopefully I'll get to check out BC Place soon!

Empire was beautiful, perfect size, but the bad part was it's location. BC Place is right by the skytrain vs waiting for the bus at the PNE for hours if the buses are too full.

Hopefully I'll get to check out BC Place soon!

Actually being at Empire was great, It was the travel there, and back, and the weird concession set up, that sucked. You could be 25 feet from your seat, but because of fences, you would have to walk all the way around the stadium to get to your seat.

Considering the terrible location, and the clubs record, it is very impressive the Caps finished top 3 in attendance last year.

I've had the good fortune to work for the Whitecaps at Swangard, Empire and BC Place, and the atmosphere at Empire Field was far and away my favorite.

Nothing compares to the the roar of fans stomping on the metal stands in the sunshine.

Or the classic, alternating "WHITE!" (and then the far side of the stands) "CAPS" chants.

I'll be the first to admit, getting in and out was a hassle, and the buses weren't great.

Still, just LISTENING to a game there was an experience.

127176hp2.jpg

Anyone else think the TSN broadcast was brutal?

What was with the camera switching to an interview while the game was on?

Happened about 3 or 4 times... There'd a soccer game playing in the background, and we'd be treated to an interview with a guy who I don't care about.

Can't wait until a goal is scored during an interview so they stop it.

• Upvote 2

I've had the good fortune to work for the Whitecaps at Swangard, Empire and BC Place, and the atmosphere at Empire Field was far and away my favorite.

Nothing compares to the the roar of fans stomping on the metal stands in the sunshine.

Or the classic, alternating "WHITE!" (and then the far side of the stands) "CAPS" chants.

I'll be the first to admit, getting in and out was a hassle, and the buses weren't great.

Still, just LISTENING to a game there was an experience.

127176hp2.jpg

Blame the gastown residents, who turned down a 100% privately paid world class stadium. That was by far the dumbest thing I have ever hear. There is 0 example (ever) of a stadium being put in an area, an it hurting surrounding business's. A few third parties did research on it, and could not find an example, of a new stadium being built, and it not helping the business's around it.

Despite a 80% of the city being in favor of it, 8 gastown business's owners were allowed to turn it down. How is that democracy at all?! Thanks government, for listening to the idiots, again. I guess all those crackheads bring in a lot of income for those morons.

• Upvote 1

Blame the gastown residents, who turned down a 100% privately paid world class stadium. That was by far the dumbest thing I have ever hear. There is 0 example (ever) of a stadium being put in an area, an it hurting surrounding business's. A few third parties did research on it, and could not find an example, of a new stadium being built, and it not helping the business's around it.

Despite a 80% of the city being in favor of it, 8 gastown business's owners were allowed to turn it down. How is that democracy at all?! Thanks government, for listening to the idiots, again. I guess all those crackheads bring in a lot of income for those morons.

in reality it was the canadian government who did not approve/want to approve the selling of the area. (the train tracks are federal property)

i worked in gas town and the consensus was they wanted the stadium. it would have brought in so much more traffic and business to the area and a great cultural experience to be in gas town.

trust me, people down there wanted it